Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2017, 09:49 PM
Planar Protector

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Never ascribe to malice that which can be explained by incompetence." Honestly I thought my posts did respond to your's.

Did you not say:

er ... well ... I guess not, because now that post has been edited to instead say:

... which is what I was arguing (that the best way to fight discrimination is through thought leadership).

However I promise that if you tell me which point I'm not responding to (and then don't change it) I'll do my best to honestly respond to it.
I didn't change it, it's still there with both of those excerpts back on page 4, post 39:

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
identity politics and minority activism in America is a perfect example of fabricated struggle to restore some measure of the purpose civilization has denied each of us. If you're able to find purpose in subordinating various groups and then fighting fictitious battles on their behalf, more power to you, but it is no less deluded than worshiping a supernatural bean. Neither is anything more than assignation of one's grief to fictitious sources. it's a retreat to fantasy from the assault of reality.

man has no worth, no use, no purpose other than the one he elects for himself. stop fucking with others and assume responsibility for making yourself happy and if you can't, make someone else happy.

you think women are insufficiently compensated in the workplace? start a business and pay them what you feel is right. You think its wrong to abort unwanted pregnancies? start a non-profit and popularize the idea. You think discrimination leads disproportionate numbers of blacks to prison? Adopt black children. You think people should be compelled to use restrooms based on their sex chromosomes? Build restrooms protected by check stations. you think everyone should be entitled to free and equal healthcare? find a stranger and pay for theirs. you think various races are inferior to one another? write a book.

All of that would require WORK though, REAL sacrifice. No, I think I'll just use my blue pen in this box to compel others to do what I want, or maybe I'll go to church and "give my problems to god," or maybe i'll stand outside places I disagree with holding signs to deny patrons and owners happiness, because at the end of the day it doesn't matter if i accomplish anything other than validating my own meaningless existence with simple low-effort placating of conscience. shared delusion is most comforting delusion.

*sorry, this has nothing to do with sandwiches. i'll try to catch up entirely before forming thoughts in the future.
perhaps this sheds some light on why, I haven't been making sense ^.~

In any case, I wouldn't continue talking with you for several pages about adopting children if I didn't say it. ^^ That's not the issue.

The issue is more one of "one vs. all."

Reading back through my posts I can see why I wasn't making sense. I was being too indirect in an attempt to be as concise as possible. i fail miserably at summarizing, but will try here again:

I am suggesting that a person can cause certain decrease in total discrimination by eliminating it for [/i]individuals[/i] (not all individuals, just the one(s) you adopt and only for a time).

You have been arguing against mass adoptions to end all racism or racial problems.

So to hopefully put to rest that proposition against which you have been arguing, I TOTALLY agree that mass adopting all black children to white families or any other families is neither sensible nor practical. it is not an antidote to racism and is not something that i advocate.

However,

if you, as a person (your race doesn't matter, you can be red or brown or orange or yellow or pink or black or teal or whatever), believe that blacks suffer disproportionate discrimination, you can decrease the total amount of discrimination by eliminating it for one person (for a time) by adopting a child. In your home, the child would not experience discrimination. You could choose who they associated with, which schools they attended and the media they consumed and they would have no inkling of discrimination.

On top of not having to grow up with discrimination (which is perhaps the most damaging aspect due to complexes that can arise out of it), THEY will be empowered to succeed in spite of it. You'll not have slain the phantom of discrimination, but you'll have changed one person's life.
Old 11-22-2017, 09:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1/3rd-1/4th of all women (millennial or otherwise) will be raped in their life, whereas for men it's something like 1/10th: how is getting raped a lot more an advantage?
ok first of all its 1 out of ever 6 females will be raped in their life... oh oh look who's exagurating now!!! ohh oh hhhh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

and whats this?

1 out of every 10 males will be the victim of rape in their lifetime.

That does not make the number seem so astronomically one sided does it?

https://www.rainn.org/statistics/vic...exual-violence

Now, rape has NOTHING

it has NOTHING AT ALL
'
it has Not one IOTA of a connection to
'
EQUALITY among the sexes.

it just is a fact that women are vulnerable to a form of violence. Nothing to do with feminism.

nothing to do with harassment at the work place.

nothing to do with anything but, women can be the victim of rape and have a slightly higher chance of it than m en.

HOWEVER you leave out, that white women, the ones that we're fighting for, get raped a lot less than the minorities they are not helping by fixing Hollywood working environments [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] it is all bullshit my men.
Old 11-22-2017, 09:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so far weve learned that john lasseter hugging you is rape, or a friend asking to masterbate infront of you, is rape.

So I think those numbers are bullshit.
I was using the "standard" (rape laws vary a lot by state) definition, ie. penetration of any orifice against a person's will (with at least one sex organ involved).

Got an unwanted finger in your mouth? Not rape. But an unwanted penis is. Similarly an unwanted dildo in your vagina or finger in your butt is also rape. But unwanted hugging is not rape, nor is masturbating in front of someone.

As for:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
THATS WHAT THOSE WOMEN WERE.. women, who were also comedians, hanging out a bar, with someone theyh thought were cool, drinking.

Do you get it yet?
Let's hear another version:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York Times
In 2002, a Chicago comedy duo, Dana Min Goodman and Julia Wolov, landed their big break: a chance to perform at the U.S. Comedy Arts Festival in Aspen, Colo. When Louis C.K. invited them to hang out in his hotel room for a nightcap after their late-night show, they did not think twice. The bars were closed and they wanted to celebrate. He was a comedian they admired. The women would be together. His intentions seemed collegial.

As soon as they sat down in his room, still wrapped in their winter jackets and hats, Louis C.K. asked if he could take out his penis, the women said.

They thought it was a joke and laughed it off. “And then he really did it,” Ms. Goodman said in an interview with The New York Times. “He proceeded to take all of his clothes off, and get completely naked, and started masturbating.”

In 2003, Abby Schachner called Louis C.K. to invite him to one of her shows, and during the phone conversation, she said, she could hear him masturbating as they spoke. Another comedian, Rebecca Corry, said that while she was appearing with Louis C.K. on a television pilot in 2005, he asked if he could masturbate in front of her. She declined.
Definitely not rape ... but definitely not cool either.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-22-2017, 09:56 PM
Banned

that last quote is a lie. Also see the above, where your statistic is a lie as well.
Old 11-22-2017, 10:01 PM
Planar Protector

"Somebody's doing the raping."

-Donald Trump
Old 11-22-2017, 10:04 PM
Banned

one of the things people dont tell you about when it comes to equality is that men will spend 30% of their paycheck on their spouse and women will spend 10% so the pay gap is necessary (even though it is a myth and doesn't exist)
Old 11-22-2017, 10:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
1/3rd-1/4th of all women (millennial or otherwise) will be raped in their life, whereas for men it's something like 1/10th: how is getting raped a lot more an advantage?
I don't have supporting stats here but I bet people who flash jewels in the street while looking very vulnerable get robbed more than stinky hobos with gnarled hands. The increased incidence of rape correlates directly to the differential in economic power women benefit from merely by existing in reasonably good health.
Old 11-22-2017, 10:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyejin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't have supporting stats here but I bet people who flash jewels in the street while looking very vulnerable get robbed more than stinky hobos with gnarled hands. The increased incidence of rape correlates directly to the differential in economic power women benefit from merely by existing in reasonably good health.
This is a hugely important factor to consider.

Also what about the evolutionary sex drives of each sex? I mean straight up the male is more often going to want to bang something right now, while a woman is more of a take care of me for a while first type of sex drive.

Like how can you even pull off a rape in that scenario? Kidnapping first? Few drinks? Talk about each others feelings? then the raping?

There are more reasons than inequality that are a factor with that statistic.
Old 11-22-2017, 10:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyejin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
dunk crew regulation protocols engaged

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 11-22-2017, 10:21 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread