Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 04:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortiiss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't speak for TMO, but my guild would have gladly given FV an attempt if TMO would agree to this as well.
So unless TMO agrees to this "policy" you'll continue to mimic their behaviour (if they're involved in a race ofc). Interesting...

Why not team-up with said "low-tier" guild and go for said target together instead of just racing TMO by yourself?
Old 03-07-2013, 09:21 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So unless TMO agrees to this "policy" you'll continue to mimic their behaviour (if they're involved in a race ofc). Interesting...

Why not team-up with said "low-tier" guild and go for said target together instead of just racing TMO by yourself?
Because we aren't here to hold people's hands. If you want to raid though and you're making an effort, I don't see why my guild wouldn't welcome you into the scene as long as you weren't a bunch of douchebags. We did it FC/BDA/Divinity/etc. and yes there have been some incidents where we didn't handle things the best, but we also make amends when we can.

You're just being sensational now - no one is entitled to anything anywhere in life, Everquest included. Working together != hand holding. Hope that clears that up.

[Sun Mar 10 21:52:52 2013] Merkk's spell fizzles!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccezan View Post
Merkk fizzles.
http://www.eccezan.com/
Old 03-09-2013, 09:58 AM
Sarnak

Almost seems too tedious to explore, but anyway:

Are you really, REALLY convinced you can make TMO stop pulling off their asshattery by playing by the same rules? Or are you just unavoidably becoming part of the issue? Regardless of intent or by accident, the little guy will be in the way and harmed at some level (*).

Humor me though. Let's assume you make TMO ragequit like IB did (lawl), which frankly will never happen because they harbour too many basement dwellers with nothing better to do. What's the plan? Go carebear with a server-wide rotation after owning the competition and being able to monopolize as you please? I doubt it. People are weak. In order to pull that off, the majority of members has to share this mentality. I wonder if after countless months of poopsocking, endless tracking hours and dealing with trains, killstealing, DA stalling and random GM decisions people won't feel like they're "entitled" to the raiding content - to pick up the fortune cookie wisdom.
The same FE players that preach this in theory altruistic goal are the same ones (from what I can gather) who were lucky enough to pretty much attain BiS status in TR/IB (or close to it) even though they didn't agree with the guild's overall etiquette towards outsiders. I'm not saying we've had any malignant tendencies towards anyone who deserved it (TMO), but look above (*). Also if you're being hated on by anyone at a raidable level and your efforts to clear up your name are in vain you'll stop giving a fuck at some point. No comments just made the tin foils grow thicker though. But I digress.
The only ones currently benefitting from this holy war against TMO are the (hardcore) members or DKP hoarders of FE. I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with that. Just pondering about your longterm motives. Judging from your leadership circle / recruitment base (again, as far as I can assess), it almost appears to boil down to "whatever gets the job done". Although that's highly subjective coming from a non-member, I do have my personal experiences / encounters to fall back on regarding this matter and I'm not the only one. Let's leave it at that.
Anyway, if this shitfest is actually cleared up at some point in the near future and FE reaches its goal (whatever that may be), kudos to you!
Old 03-09-2013, 10:43 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How hard would a rotation with a limited time to engage really be? Trak spawns at 4am and its BDA's turn, they have X minutes to engage or it turns FFA or next guild in line or whatever.

Under that scenario TMO/FE would still get most of the mobs since they are 24/7 guilds and the rest of us only have finite hours we work within.

Or you can continue to train each other, leap frog, shit talk, FTE snipe, and make the endgame an insufferable mess like you're already doing.
The problem with any type of rotation is the unusually high number of players in the poopsocking guilds. Under rotation, guilds don't need those huge numbers, save for a few hours where it is harder to mobilize 25 people (25 people can kill anything in kunark).

If we were to set up a rotation, then we could make TMO1, TMO2, TMO3, FE1, FE2, FE3, etc. Who gets to be in TMO team 1?

It doesn't make much sense...
Old 03-09-2013, 10:49 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsome [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IB kicked ass for around for 3 years and change. Tmo only been top dogs for a year and change.
Gotta account DA also when you talk about TMO's success. When I joined DA, it was not rare for us to sweep every major targets. IB had many ups and downs and had to merge a few times to survive.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:54 AM
Kobold

Every FE knows damn well that given the opportunity they would do the exact same thing we did. Any of them that pretend that they'd give the server a fair shake are delusional or lying to themselves.

There are a fair amount of ex TR/IB in FE, do you honestly think the ass whoopin' we gave them changed their minds at all about how to treat the rest of the server?

Of course not.

If all of a sudden tomorrow TMO dropped off the face of the earth the server would revert back to IB rule. (As in, they'll literally destroy the nodrops so noone else can have them, and oh look how big our guildbank is (You can't forget that IB is the original guildbank dickswingers))

I'll bet ya one thing though, FE will play this "We'll be the nice guys this time!" game until they actually get a chance to be the bad guys again; Which is all they truly ever wanted anyways.

Part of me says I can't keep drinking like this. The other part of me says, "Don't listen to that guy. He's drunk"
Old 03-09-2013, 10:55 AM
Orc

Please..Like FE is any different than TMO. You can't condemn what they do and then do the exact same things and try to pass it off as their fault as to the reason you are doing it. I was up in Hate awhile back when Full Circle was there camping Maestro area and Inny popped. Their guild ran up to engage Inny and you guys zoned into the zone and one of your players who logged in at Inny's area proceeded to(accidental or intentional who knows ?) train their raid with mobs from Inny's area and forced them to stop and kill them while you guys ran on by and killed Inny.

Where was their shot at Inny then ? TMO was not in zone at the time and Full Circle was clearly going to engage him first without the train caused by one of your members. Heck one of their players had already taken the first DT from Inny when the train by 1 of your players hit their guild. Now I am not saying what you did was wrong or right... You also didn't see their guild on the forums complaining about it or making a 20 page thread about it. It is to the individual perspective of each person on raiding to decide that.. But do not come to us trying to pretend you want to give other people a shot at mobs when no one but FE and FC were in hate at the time and this happened. I am not saying anything bad about FE the raid scene on P1999 has been cutthroat for a long time... But do not pretend there haven't been situations where another guild was in position for a kill and your guild didn't overrun them for that kill.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:00 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please..Like FE is any different than TMO. You can't condemn what they do and then do the exact same things and try to pass it off as their fault as to the reason you are doing it. I was up in Hate awhile back when Full Circle was there camping Maestro area and Inny popped. Their guild ran up to engage Inny and you guys zoned into the zone and one of your players who logged in at Inny's area proceeded to(accidental or intentional who knows ?) train their raid with mobs from Inny's area and forced them to stop and kill them while you guys ran on by and killed Inny.

Where was their shot at Inny then ? TMO was not in zone at the time and Full Circle was clearly going to engage him first without the train caused by one of your members. Heck one of their players had already taken the first DT from Inny when the train by 1 of your players hit their guild. Now I am not saying what you did was wrong or right... You also didn't see their guild on the forums complaining about it or making a 20 page thread about it. It is to the individual perspective of each person on raiding to decide that.. But do not come to us trying to pretend you want to give other people a shot at mobs when no one but FE and FC were in hate at the time and this happened. I am not saying anything bad about FE the raid scene on P1999 has been cutthroat for a long time... But do not pretend there haven't been situations where another guild was in position for a kill and your guild didn't overrun them for that kill.

FE contains some of the same people that did pretty much the exact same thing to TMO when we were nothing.

It's us or them, is the grass really greener on the other side of the fence?

Part of me says I can't keep drinking like this. The other part of me says, "Don't listen to that guy. He's drunk"
Old 03-09-2013, 11:03 AM
Kobold

Who Got the Kill?
Old 03-09-2013, 11:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogie305 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who Got the Kill?
rofl
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Closed Thread