Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 05:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by choklo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I stated "end game content" in my post. But in the spirit of your response, I'd suggest TMO and TR take a few months break from Trak, Naggy, Gore, Vox, etc. and enjoy the content you mentioned. I promise you the dragons will still die in a timely manner without you.
If you are a man you don't have to beg the top guilds.

just sayin'
Last edited by Macken; 08-12-2011 at 05:41 PM..
Old 08-12-2011, 05:44 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you are a man you don't have to beg the top guilds.

just sayin'
Poopsocking is not my idea of manhood.
Old 08-12-2011, 05:46 PM
Kobold

I love the random ass tags that get added to these threads lols
Old 08-12-2011, 05:53 PM
Planar Protector

I was in Permafrost 2 days back to back messing around, and vox was up both day (~48 hours)
Old 08-12-2011, 06:00 PM
Kobold

Vox appears to be the one dragon low on the TMO/TR hit list. I think it's the difficult location combined with lower end(for dragons) loot.
Old 08-12-2011, 06:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by choklo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Poopsocking is not my idea of manhood.
exactly
Old 08-12-2011, 08:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
This is likely the top reason people will lose interest in this server. The end game is unavailable to everyone not in TMO or TR.
You guys act like TMO and TR have been the top guilds since the server inception. New guilds (EXAMPLE: TMO) pop up all the time to challenge the status quo.

Anyone who has played on this server long enough knows that guilds rise and fall. While IB probably held the crown the longest, even we almost fell apart late last fall when the guild splintered. I mean, we had trouble fielding more than 20 man raids for well over a month. While it is generally two or three guilds competing, and a fair amount of the players have remained the same, there is always room for new guilds to enter the fray.

When I started here it was Transcendence and IB on top. Then for a few months there were actually 7 guilds that competed for mobs (IB, Trans, GC, Divinity, Remedy, In Virtue, and Fish Bait). While it is true that IB got the vast majority of mobs during this time, to say that there was no competitive raiding is a huge fallacy. Some of my fondest moments on this server were doing small group (less than 12 people) planar raids while I was in IV competing against guilds like GC, Fish Bait and Trans.

I mean, we've had at least 3 different top guilds on this server since I've played here (IB -> DA -> TR) and one could make a strong argument to include TMO in that list, at least for a short period (in fact, this is still on going).

You make it sound like there is like one group of players that has dominated this server since it's inception, and that simply isn't true. Of the current membership of TR, I'd bet less than 25% ever wore an IB tag. I mean that is a very rough number, but to say that 75% of the current top guild are new players from the previous top guild just illustrates that this server does have a dynamic raiding scene and is not blocked by barriers of entry to every player on the server.

If you want to play 6 hours a week and expect to get dragons, kick rocks. However, both TR and TMO are made up of a number of players that really don't play that much. I mean, at 60, unless you're really into farming, you pretty much only log on when there is something to kill or you want to play an alt. So we can field 35 man raids (with an 80-90 player member base), that is less than 50% turn out. Yea, we have people with 70 and 80% attendance rates, but the vast majority of the guild hovers around the 40% mark - which isn't really that much considering the time even casual players put into this game.

I'm sorry the raid scene doesn't cater to the casual players, but it never has.. not once in the 12 year history of this game. I don't think it is going to change anytime soon.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:34 PM
Banned

MUST...HAVE...THEM ALL...

ALL OF THEM WILL BE MINE!!!
Old 08-12-2011, 08:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You guys act like TMO and TR have been the top guilds since the server inception. New guilds (EXAMPLE: TMO) pop up all the time to challenge the status quo.

Anyone who has played on this server long enough knows that guilds rise and fall. While IB probably held the crown the longest, even we almost fell apart late last fall when the guild splintered. I mean, we had trouble fielding more than 20 man raids for well over a month. While it is generally two or three guilds competing, and a fair amount of the players have remained the same, there is always room for new guilds to enter the fray.

When I started here it was Transcendence and IB on top. Then for a few months there were actually 7 guilds that competed for mobs (IB, Trans, GC, Divinity, Remedy, In Virtue, and Fish Bait). While it is true that IB got the vast majority of mobs during this time, to say that there was no competitive raiding is a huge fallacy. Some of my fondest moments on this server were doing small group (less than 12 people) planar raids while I was in IV competing against guilds like GC, Fish Bait and Trans.

I mean, we've had at least 3 different top guilds on this server since I've played here (IB -> DA -> TR) and one could make a strong argument to include TMO in that list, at least for a short period (in fact, this is still on going).

You make it sound like there is like one group of players that has dominated this server since it's inception, and that simply isn't true. Of the current membership of TR, I'd bet less than 25% ever wore an IB tag. I mean that is a very rough number, but to say that 75% of the current top guild are new players from the previous top guild just illustrates that this server does have a dynamic raiding scene and is not blocked by barriers of entry to every player on the server.

If you want to play 6 hours a week and expect to get dragons, kick rocks. However, both TR and TMO are made up of a number of players that really don't play that much. I mean, at 60, unless you're really into farming, you pretty much only log on when there is something to kill or you want to play an alt. So we can field 35 man raids (with an 80-90 player member base), that is less than 50% turn out. Yea, we have people with 70 and 80% attendance rates, but the vast majority of the guild hovers around the 40% mark - which isn't really that much considering the time even casual players put into this game.

I'm sorry the raid scene doesn't cater to the casual players, but it never has.. not once in the 12 year history of this game. I don't think it is going to change anytime soon.
All trolling aside, this is probably the most accurate statement concerning this thread.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:25 PM
Planar Protector

well, i understand this doesnt go into affect till the hole was opened