Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 12-24-2022, 07:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean, I get it, but I would encourage you to not look at potential guilds through a lens of "can they get me an epic or not?" and maybe instead "do they fit my playstyle and level of commitment to the game, and do I like their culture?"

No one is entitled to epic weapons. Not everyone may earn one. If every Tom, Dick, and Harry had one then they wouldn't be "epic". There's a reason why most have parts that are bottlenecked by a raid target. If achieving an epic is that important to you, I would suggest rolling a rogue or monk.... lol
I just always wished I could earn something standout and cool in this game, something so that I don't have to feel like a massive loser. It feels like every tom, dick and harry *has* earned an epic at this point, yet somehow I can't, and it's killed all shreds of my confidence.

Just want to feel like I won at something.

But yes admittedly I have considered maining a rogue, monk, cleric or shaman, just because of how their epics are, but try as I might I just can't get into any of those classes.
Old 12-24-2022, 08:51 PM
Banned

You really shouldn't put too much stock in epics. Yes many people have them, and that's usually cause they are playing a class with an easy epic. Most wizards don't have the wizard epic. Meanwhile, seemingly every fuckin lvl 46+ shaman has that stupid spear. It's almost an anti-epic to me; I find it more interesting when I see a shaman who *doesn't* have it.

There are so many ways to enjoy the game, and it literally *can't* be won, so don't lose sleep over not winning. You can't. It's called everquest for a reason
Old 12-25-2022, 12:09 AM
Planar Protector

Apparently you can bypass a lot of the tedious part of the wizard epic by farming shaman epic faction.

It certainly works up to getting the broken golem’s sprocket as I’ve farmed a bunch of them to help my guild out. Most guilds will be happy to do a broken golem after doing the triplet golems.

If you’re on green there is at least one active social club for helping each other out with phinny. That just leaves VS.

If you really want any epic rogue/monk are easy (monk is pretty fun too!). Shaman is mostly gaming the faction system which is /yawn.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 12-25-2022, 04:48 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You really shouldn't put too much stock in epics. Yes many people have them, and that's usually cause they are playing a class with an easy epic. Most wizards don't have the wizard epic. Meanwhile, seemingly every fuckin lvl 46+ shaman has that stupid spear. It's almost an anti-epic to me; I find it more interesting when I see a shaman who *doesn't* have it.

There are so many ways to enjoy the game, and it literally *can't* be won, so don't lose sleep over not winning. You can't. It's called everquest for a reason
My shaman doesn't have it, is he special in any way?

but yeah, I know one can't fully win the game, it would just be nice to experience some sort of victory in it one day, that's all. One thing, anything, that will help me feel like somebody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Apparently you can bypass a lot of the tedious part of the wizard epic by farming shaman epic faction.

It certainly works up to getting the broken golem’s sprocket as I’ve farmed a bunch of them to help my guild out. Most guilds will be happy to do a broken golem after doing the triplet golems.

If you’re on green there is at least one active social club for helping each other out with phinny. That just leaves VS.

If you really want any epic rogue/monk are easy (monk is pretty fun too!). Shaman is mostly gaming the faction system which is /yawn.
I would prefer to do it the proper way, step by step as written on the wiki. When you try to do some weird off-road stuff things seem to slip through the cracks, so I'd rather just do it the legit way.

But yeah the wizard epic doesn't seem impossible. Not as easy as rogue or cleric, but not as hopeless as mage or bard either. I still really want it one day.
Old 12-25-2022, 09:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shaman is mostly gaming the faction system which is /yawn.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-25-2022, 09:17 AM
Fire Giant

OP sounds like they don’t want to have fun but they want to earn respect. And you don’t do that by playing p99. Just enjoy the adventure man. Be a pleasant person to be around. The loot and stories will come.
Old 12-25-2022, 11:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My shaman doesn't have it, is he special in any way?
Yes, yes he is.

I commend you for not being yet another lvl 46 epic'ed shaman named Doinkus Itchybutt or whatever
Old 12-25-2022, 01:01 PM
Orc

Welcome to Everquest, a game of slow and steady progression. Any class at nearly any level can grind out progress in the way of items, plat, quests, and getting to lvl 60. Get experienced and apply to a Good Guild. Create value for others and they will create it for you.
Old 12-25-2022, 01:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dareo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Welcome to Everquest, a game of slow and steady progression. Any class at nearly any level can grind out progress in the way of items, plat, quests, and getting to lvl 60. Get experienced and apply to a Good Guild. Create value for others and they will create it for you.
Best advice itt.
Old 12-25-2022, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just always wished I could earn something standout and cool in this game, something so that I don't have to feel like a massive loser. It feels like every tom, dick and harry *has* earned an epic at this point, yet somehow I can't, and it's killed all shreds of my confidence.

Just want to feel like I won at something.

But yes admittedly I have considered maining a rogue, monk, cleric or shaman, just because of how their epics are, but try as I might I just can't get into any of those classes.
Then do something original. See my signature for inspiration.