Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-18-2012, 06:27 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davardo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm setting this up right now, hope to join you guys soon. I'm going to be be a beastlord i think.. Possibly a bard, ranger, or shaman.

EDIT: I look forward to playing with the infamous Diggles.

Is changing the desktop to 16bit a game option or a computer option? And how would that be done in Windows 7?

I don't know about anyone else, but I never changed it to 16 bit and it's been working fine for me. I'm also a windows 7 64-bit user.

As for the 16-bit option, I think they're referring to a computer option specifically, but I'd say try it without it first if you haven't already.
Old 02-18-2012, 06:48 AM
Banned

I'm not playing with full dedication until I get kunark/luclin enabled. WANT AN IKSAR SHADOW KNIGHT
Old 02-18-2012, 06:57 AM
Aviak

I'm also having the issue of disconnecting after server select, anyone that had the problem fix it yet?

EDIT: And is there a way to make EQW's window bigger?
Old 02-18-2012, 07:18 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davardo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm also having the issue of disconnecting after server select, anyone that had the problem fix it yet?

EDIT: And is there a way to make EQW's window bigger?
no. I even tried to install on my second laptop, and I'm getting the same issues. Both are windows 7. please post if you figure it out.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:21 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnomishfirework [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no. I even tried to install on my second laptop, and I'm getting the same issues. Both are windows 7. please post if you figure it out.
I came to the conclusion the 16bit is color mode of 16 or 32... if not someone correct me. Didn't change anything. Don't really know what else to try... not really a software person.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:24 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not playing with full dedication until I get kunark/luclin enabled. WANT AN IKSAR SHADOW KNIGHT
I'm still confused about the whole expansions thing. I guess it must not effect everyone because I actually just made an Iksar SK last night, and also a Vah Shir bard earlier today. Maybe it's because I'm using an older, mac-enabled (back when it was required) account?

I guess I'm one of the few not dealing with the expansion restrictions, for one reason or another.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:32 AM
Fire Giant

yea, old accounts have expansions.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:44 AM
Aviak

Found this online, worth a try:

How to install
1. Install EverQuest Titanium edition and move the folder to C:\
2. Rename the EQ Titanium folder to "EQMac"
3. Download the new Intel EQMac Client located here: LaunchPad 3
4. When the new EQMac client is fully patched, find the folder (default location is C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\EverQuest Mac or C:\Users\Default\AppData\Sony Online Entertainment\EverQuest Mac)
5. Go into the folder "EverQuest Mac" > "Contents" > "Resources"
6. In "Resources" folder, Select All > Copy > Paste to your C:\EQMac folder. Overwrite all.
7. Extract Secrets' .zip file to C:\EQMac. Overwrite all.
8. In C:\EQMac, right click eqw.exe > Properties > Compatibility Settings > Check Run as Administrator > OK.
9. Run eqw.exe
10. If you cannot get it to work (experience weird error), rerun eqw.exe and check "Fix eqclient.ini". This should fix the problem.
11. IMPORTANT: Edit eqclient.ini NewUI=TRUE instead of NewUI=FALSE (This removes the Classic and Velious UI in favor of the Luclin UI, however, the client is much more stable and actually 100% playable as opposed to playing with the older UIs. My suggestion: try the old UIs for a little bit for nostalgia purposes, but inevitably you should switch to Luclin UI for full game functionality! )
11. (Optional): Rename eqtheme.mp3, combattheme1.mp3, combattheme2.mp3, combattheme3.mp3, deaththeme.mp3, lavastorm.mp3, guk.mp3, and nektulos.mp3 to have the original classic MIDI versions restored!
12. (Optional): Go to eqclient.ini, and change LOADARMOR17 through LOADARMOR23 from =FALSE to =TRUE. Change LoadVeliousArmorsWithLuclin=FALSE to LoadVeliousArmorsWithLuclin=TRUE (This will allow you to see Velious armor skins)
Last edited by Davardo; 02-18-2012 at 08:05 AM..
Old 02-18-2012, 07:59 AM
Skeleton

Quote:

How to install
4. When the new EQMac client is fully patched, find the folder (default location is C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\EverQuest Mac or C:\Users\Default\AppData\Sony Online Entertainment\EverQuest Mac)
6. In "Resources" folder, Select All > Copy > Paste to your C:\EQMac folder. Overwrite all.
8. In C:\EQMac, right click eqw.exe > Properties > Compatibility Settings > Check Run as Administrator > OK.
9. Run eqw.exe
10. If you cannot get it to work (experience weird error), rerun eqw.exe and check "Fix eqclient.ini". This should fix the problem.
11. IMPORTANT: Edit eqclient.ini NewUI=TRUE instead of NewUI=FALSE (This removes the Classic and Velious UI in favor of the Luclin UI, however, the client is much more stable and actually 100% playable as opposed to playing with the older UIs. My suggestion: try the old UIs for a little bit for nostalgia purposes, but inevitably you should switch to Luclin UI for full game functionality! )
11. (Optional): Rename eqtheme.mp3, combattheme1.mp3, combattheme2.mp3, combattheme3.mp3, deaththeme.mp3, lavastorm.mp3, guk.mp3, and nektulos.mp3 to have the original classic MIDI versions restored!
12. (Optional): Go to eqclient.ini, and change LOADARMOR17 through LOADARMOR23 from =FALSE to =TRUE. Change LoadVeliousArmorsWithLuclin=FALSE to LoadVeliousArmorsWithLuclin=TRUE (This will allow you to see Velious armor skins)

EDIT: Setting to use the new ui made it so instead of it saying disconnecting, EQ just crashes.

Oh! You guys weren't already following Vallhalla's guide? No wonder you're still having probs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. I would have said something about it, but I could have sworn I saw it here earlier (getting forums mixed up I guess heh).

I was in the same boat until I followed his guide. Once I did all that, it worked like a charm. Hopefully it will work the same for those of you still having problems with it. I'd say it should even be stickied somewhere.

Oh, and make sure you check the "fix eqclient.ini" option if you get a memory read error after doing everything - that did the trick for me.
Old 02-18-2012, 08:06 AM
Aviak

Quote:

How to install
9. Run eqw.exe
Followed this and it worked perfectly, Halfling Ranger!