Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 04-11-2022, 04:42 PM
Planar Protector

EQ is not better at anything WoW does other than "being more time consuming and unforgiving". If WoW was camp-oriented, grindy, less forgiving, and not a theme park of bull shit quests it would be superior to EQ in every conceivable way.

The problem is normal people cant play a game like P99 so WoW catered to the masses (as they should have) - what they needed was a hard core server that acted more like EQ or UOs Seige Perilous for the real hardcore guys.
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 60 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands Oysterbeard - Green99 - 57 Cleric
Lobstarz Hands - Green99 - 53 Enchanter
Lobsterqueen - Green99 - 52 Paladin
#FreeWuTang
Old 04-11-2022, 04:51 PM
Planar Protector

WoW is better than EQ in every conceivable way when it comes to PvP
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 04-11-2022, 08:03 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WoW is better than EQ in every conceivable way when it comes to PvP
If it wasnt such a pain in the ass for me to catchup on Live, Id be mostly pvping. I started good at the start of Shadowlands, but dropped off 2 months into it. Now? Forget about it, my Covenant is only lvl41 and my gear is on par with heroic dungeons/LFR
Ruilden Wreckchords | Level 30 Half Elf Bard of No God |Green|
Maulgar | Level 24 Troll Shadow Knight of Cazic-Thule |Green|
Old 04-11-2022, 09:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomnia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If it wasnt such a pain in the ass for me to catchup on Live, Id be mostly pvping. I started good at the start of Shadowlands, but dropped off 2 months into it. Now? Forget about it, my Covenant is only lvl41 and my gear is on par with heroic dungeons/LFR
Yeah this was a big issue with live. It was ridic hard to get pvp ready. If you went in without the proper setup (and I don’t follow live well enough to know what that would be), you would get steamrolled. And like I said it took a long time to get pvp ready on live

On classic it wasn’t that bad. You could grind up to a blue set of pvp gear doing BG’s and that was fine to do arenas to around 1800 for a weapon, then 2-2.2k for the epic arena gear
Old 04-11-2022, 09:31 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah this was a big issue with live. It was ridic hard to get pvp ready. If you went in without the proper setup (and I don’t follow live well enough to know what that would be), you would get steamrolled. And like I said it took a long time to get pvp ready on live

On classic it wasn’t that bad. You could grind up to a blue set of pvp gear doing BG’s and that was fine to do arenas to around 1800 for a weapon, then 2-2.2k for the epic arena gear
Yeah it literally looks like the only way is if more towards the end of the expac, they do what they did similar in Legion with Artifact Power catchup and make it to where you can max it in a few days. Otherwise ill have to wait for the new expac to start to drop and try and keep up again. But if the next one is anything like BfA and SL, Ill probably just skip it. Wrath Classic is the only thing im waiting for anyways. Prot Pally for PvE and Holy for PvP. Will roll a blood DK for 60s bracket for ultimate lulz.
Ruilden Wreckchords | Level 30 Half Elf Bard of No God |Green|
Maulgar | Level 24 Troll Shadow Knight of Cazic-Thule |Green|
Old 04-11-2022, 09:59 PM
Banned

A combination if the two games would have had the goldilocks effect. Vanilla WoW with more classes inspired by EQ, and more risk vs reward.
Old 04-11-2022, 10:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomnia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah it literally looks like the only way is if more towards the end of the expac, they do what they did similar in Legion with Artifact Power catchup and make it to where you can max it in a few days. Otherwise ill have to wait for the new expac to start to drop and try and keep up again. But if the next one is anything like BfA and SL, Ill probably just skip it. Wrath Classic is the only thing im waiting for anyways. Prot Pally for PvE and Holy for PvP. Will roll a blood DK for 60s bracket for ultimate lulz.
So I played at the very start of wotlk I think. Was that the expac with a new BG where you rode in siege engine vehicles up this beach to batter down walls and take this fort?

If so, they gave Ret a huge boost, mostly to burst damage, in that expac. I remember a paladin friend going ret and being able to outscore me in BG’s, which normally no one could do. And I remember in Skype he was saying how crazy Ret’s damage was. I quit partially into the first arena season but I remember hearing Ret was pretty viable for the first time in arenas in wotlk. I followed a little even after I quit and if I recall wotlk was the rise of cleave, the 2 melee+healer 3v3 teams whose entire strat was just sit on enemy healer’s face all match, little cc needed

So you could probably do Ret too, at least at the start of wotlk
Old 04-12-2022, 02:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
I gladiatored twice as Rogue, twice as Hunter, once as Warrior, and once as DK before WOTLK end
/wave to all the lying posers in this thread who pretend to not read my challenge for proof of their claims because they don't have any

Shoulda picked a real life accomplishment to fake, woulda been harder to expose as a fraud
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0 a 1 poser.jpg (21.0 KB, 1 views)
Old 04-12-2022, 09:21 AM
Fire Giant

LOL this guy is still bragging about his mount. You should print out some pics of it and get them framed bro. That way in 30-40 yrs you can hang it up in ur assisted living facility and dunk on everybody

Pls stop embarrassing yourself

These statements are not up for debate amongst sane human beings
Why does <Vanquish> allow DSM to be a member?
Old 04-12-2022, 10:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL this guy is still bragging about his mount. You should print out some pics of it and get them framed bro. That way in 30-40 yrs you can hang it up in ur assisted living facility and dunk on everybody

Pls stop embarrassing yourself
Don’t worry I brag about far more than that lol

Thanks for the estimate that I will live so long