Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2023, 09:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lmao
Old 06-29-2023, 10:04 PM
Banned

AA is reactionary

It’s basically saying we have these root causes of disadvantages but rather than fix those we need to attend to the current needs of those disadvantaged

Yet when crime gets out of control, the same party cries “WE DON’T NEED MORE POLICE, WE NEED TO LOOK AT THE ROOT CAUSES OF CRIME!”

What about those affected by crime right now?

Reactionary policies only good when we propose them to fit our narrative
Old 06-29-2023, 10:15 PM
Banned

My stance continues to be: How fat your kid is is a reflection of his parent’s diet and the importance of health to the kid’s parents

How educated your kid is is a reflection of how important education is to the kid’s parents

How well-mannered a kid is is a reflection of how important manners are to the kid’s parents

Kid’s brains are little computers, being constantly programmed by the world. And the absolute most programming they will get in their young life will come from the people they live with, good OR bad programming
Old 06-29-2023, 10:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Read more local news, the violence itself never stops. The class war is still raging
The truth.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

In any given population X, you get Y percent who are going multi-generations of poverty, stupidity, and drugz. In my current local north of Pittsburgh I would put the number 5,000, and that would be "currently active." It's just the underclass. And we fuck our underclass like the Roman's fucked theirs except we pretend we don't like it.

The local police system in most munipalities in the US is a dregs management system. But they never actually "save" these "crops". They allow X number of felonies, Y number of absolute zombie drugheads, but if it get to above that, they make an area of the town half empty for a year or so.

To slow the garden.

The entire south side of my town is just a people garden for the carceral system. These people are so damaged and poor aand truly brain-damaged. The slaughterhouses of the dregs are entered at birth.
Old 06-29-2023, 11:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wider society does owe something to marginalized groups that were literal second class citizens one generation ago
Explanations become excuses

Excuses become manipulation tools

If I was abused as a child, I should probably get some leeway in judgements against me as an adult. Does this mean I can continue to fuck up left and right and say “It’s ok, I was abused as a child”. Is my abuse as a child a free lifetime pass to special treatment regardless of how little I try to better myself?

At what point do we accept some responsibility for our own circumstances?
Old 06-29-2023, 11:15 PM
Banned

Les Misérables movie night, when?
Old 06-30-2023, 12:03 AM
Planar Protector

As an asian male who didn't work as hard in school/college as i should have, and in the younger years, struggled to find meaningful employment:

I'm glad that affirmative action has been obliterated, it is decades past the time when the US gov't needed a SERIOUS Reconstitution.

and I otherwise don't understand why I should give a fuck. It's like the plebs whining for reparations in California, doesn't effect me, never ever will.

sorry you don't got worth ethic, I had to learn the hard way what real work is all about. Maybe one day the rest of those people will as well.
Old 06-30-2023, 12:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and in the younger years, struggled to find meaningful employment:

sorry you don't got worth ethic, I had to learn the hard way what real work is all about. Maybe one day the rest of those people will as well.
Can you expound upon the former and the latter?
Old 06-30-2023, 12:20 AM
Banned

I try to temper how much I care because the solution is to not allow parents to parent their kids how they want

All parents in this country have a God-given right to fuck up their kid’s worldview as much as they want, and only in extreme cases of abuse will the gov’t step in. And to some extent I’m ok with that, because Muh Freedom

But that means that if I had a kid, and I condition that kid to want processed food, and to reject sports and arts and only care about tv and video games…that’s my right as a parent

I can tell my kid that laws don’t matter, and that the coolest people in the world are gang leaders, that’s my right as a parent too

I can even tell my kid that certain races are inferior. I can program my kid to be as racist as I want, and the gov’t will not remove my kid from my custody for that

I could literally have a 250lb kid, who thinks black people are inferior because I told him they are, who has a dream to end up a cartel boss because I taught him gangsters are cool, has no friends and gets in trouble everywhere because I never taught him any manners

That is completely within my rights as a parent, so long as I provide the kid food, shelter and clothes. As long as this is the case, there’s only so much you can do to patch up fucked up kids, don’t matter what their race is
Old 06-30-2023, 12:28 AM
Banned

Are we getting religious discrimination by Alito in the morning?

I hear reindeer on the rooftop, better head to bed. 🎅
Closed Thread