Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2023, 06:20 PM
Planar Protector

Yes botten we all understand what affirmative action is supposed to correct for. How can you possibly measure it? How will we actually know when whatever historic problem has been remedied? It's a completely haphazard shot in the dark which hasn't improved the lives of any of the people it claims to help. It's just state-sanctioned racism. The only solution to past racism is to be totally racist to different people? That's moronic.

Who cares if 70% of asian americans support it? They're just wrong. 70% of people used to think the sun orbited the earth too.
Old 06-29-2023, 06:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's just state-sanctioned racism. The only solution to past racism is to be totally racist to different people? That's moronic.
Very well said. The most egregious part about it is how it's racism disguised and sold to the public as kindness. Disagree and you must be a bigot. Typical leftist tactics.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Last edited by Evia; 06-29-2023 at 06:27 PM..
Old 06-29-2023, 06:55 PM
Banned

Ooloo is a bigot because of his beliefs, not just because of his opinion on affirmative action in college admissions. His bigotry is a lot more complex than that, credit is due where it is due.

Anyways, repackaging racism (and classism) and selling it to the public as a kindness is classic Capitalist Shit, so it doesn't surprise me that the reactionaries love it but won't let themselves see the parallel
Old 06-29-2023, 07:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what does a public opinion poll have to do with literally anything. pretty sure they didn't take a popularity poll before enacting the 13th amendment. the court is there to do what is right regardless of it's popularity.

racism is wrong. hope this helps.
Old 06-29-2023, 07:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvidez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i mean atleast you capitalized America.
That's because I love this country more than any conservative or liberal
Old 06-29-2023, 07:38 PM
Fire Giant

Abortion last year and affirmative action this year

Who would have thought the Supreme Court would be leading the charge against systemic racism?
Old 06-29-2023, 07:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
waaaaaahhhh we want our white privilege back
fix'd
Old 06-29-2023, 07:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what does a public opinion poll have to do with literally anything. pretty sure they didn't take a popularity poll before enacting the 13th amendment. the court is there to do what is right regardless of it's popularity.

racism is wrong. hope this helps.
I don't get how CJR backed racial gerrymandering then immediately turned around with this. 😐
Old 06-29-2023, 07:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes botten we all understand what affirmative action is supposed to correct for. How can you possibly measure it?
Do you because you are also against critical race theory. I reckoned you wouldn't learn either way.
Old 06-29-2023, 07:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't get how CJR backed racial gerrymandering then immediately turned around with this. 😐
Conservative Judges be paid on how to decide.
Closed Thread