Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 04-18-2013, 05:24 PM
Banned

Now that you're done with it of course!

But I think everyone is at this point :P.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:39 PM
Banned

so basically monk pulling is still kind of silly broken?
Old 04-18-2013, 09:19 PM
Planar Protector

Fantastic.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 04-18-2013, 09:41 PM
Planar Protector

Shits classic
Old 04-18-2013, 09:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherfiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So , there are two things wrong with how the mechanics work on this server.

1) For monks - Sneak should not assist FD in mem blurring, besides that it appears to be working right. Invis works in the same manner and shouldnt.

2) Invis pulling is supposed to work , but only if the mobs are on a different faction table.

The reason invis pulling should not and will not work in Chardok is because all the mobs in chardok are on chardok faction, there is social agro. Same thing with seb juggs, and myconids - They should all social and invis pulling should not work.

The situation in which invis pulling does and should work on live, like in VP 1.0 for example, was because the Dragons were not on the same faction as the wurms and other roamers, as a result there is no social agro. I personally pulled like this during vel.
This guy speaks the truth.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:21 AM
Banned

If you get rezzed next to a kos mob being tanked, you should have a chance to pull low hp aggro.

This will work with this change now. True or false?

If everyone is camping out in fear and a mob gets pulled through the camp and the player with aggro dies, the mobs will come attack every player they passed near.

True or false?
Old 04-19-2013, 03:47 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you get rezzed next to a kos mob being tanked, you should have a chance to pull low hp aggro.

This will work with this change now. True or false?

If everyone is camping out in fear and a mob gets pulled through the camp and the player with aggro dies, the mobs will come attack every player they passed near.

True or false?
Don't think anything will change with initial hate missle lock, bumped the thread I made.

Still needs to be more things addressed before Velious but this will be a good change in regards to difficulty.

Resists
Outdoor Line of Light
Initial Hate Missle Lock
Increase Magic Resistance for NPCs in Planes (Mostly due to charm)
Retune charm durations/resists
Dictate unresistable to Total MR NPCs (Level cap added also)
Double Invisibility
Divine Intervention/Death Pact functionality
Venril Sathir Lifetap
Aggro and assist radius around the boat in Overthere at Outpost (For OT hammer if KoS)
Old 04-20-2013, 11:16 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treats [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After further testing on the MAC server Invis pulling does in fact work there.

However, it requires a VERY unique set of circumstances. It has to do primarily with DIRECT aggro and ASSIST aggro, the two are separate mechanics. Any mob that you have DIRECT aggro on can pass its hate list onto any other mob it passes of the same faction regardless if you are Invisible or not. Any mob that is ASSISTING the mob you have DIRECT aggro on CANNOT pass its hate list to anything else if you are Invisible.

Example:

Lets say you have two guards right next to each other in Freeport
They are in assist radius of each other
Root one of the guards (This is Direct aggro)
Immediately Invis yourself
The other guard will assist and come chasing after you (This is Assist aggro)
You can now take the guard that is chasing you (with assist aggro) anywhere in the zone and it cannot pass its hate list to any other mob while you are Invisible
If that guard catches you or comes into its predetermined aggro radius of you direct aggro now applies and it can pass his hate list to anything else

This should be about the final nail in the coffin on this issue as it proves that pulling with Invis is still possible on the EQMac server.

This is pretty solid as to how it should work, if anyone has any reliable links or patch notes that say otherwise please post them.

No more memories.
This is how i used to single pull everything in revamped chardok. Assist aggro + good faction with mobs/invis among non see-invis mobs is the only circumstance in which this should work.

Post is legit.
Old 04-20-2013, 02:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treats [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't think anything will change with initial hate missle lock, bumped the thread I made.

Still needs to be more things addressed before Velious but this will be a good change in regards to difficulty.

Resists
Outdoor Line of Light
Initial Hate Missle Lock
Increase Magic Resistance for NPCs in Planes (Mostly due to charm)
Retune charm durations/resists
Dictate unresistable to Total MR NPCs (Level cap added also)
Double Invisibility
Divine Intervention/Death Pact functionality
Venril Sathir Lifetap
Aggro and assist radius around the boat in Overthere at Outpost (For OT hammer if KoS)
I agree that current charm is OP (although much less so on red hehe) but I think those durations are probably classic.

Initial Hate missile lock is a big issue for sure.

Double invis I thought people said was classic.

DI is minor especially since IIRC nothing in Velious DTs

Outdoor line of sight I thought was fixed already? At least in hate I tried warrior pulling and regularly got aggro through the walls.

Dictate needs to be fixed but 95% of the problems would go away if Sirran was immune, which is a 5 second fix.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 04-20-2013, 06:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree that current charm is OP (although much less so on red hehe) but I think those durations are probably classic.

Initial Hate missile lock is a big issue for sure.

Double invis I thought people said was classic.

DI is minor especially since IIRC nothing in Velious DTs

Outdoor line of sight I thought was fixed already? At least in hate I tried warrior pulling and regularly got aggro through the walls.

Dictate needs to be fixed but 95% of the problems would go away if Sirran was immune, which is a 5 second fix.
This line should read -- Dictate resistable to Total MR NPCs (Level cap added also), oops.

DI would have been an issue because it fired when HP hit 0 regardless -- Fixed now.

Outdoor Line of Sight was only changed in Hate for test.

Only thing I have to go by on Double Invis is EQMac server, doesn't work there.

Sirran should have been immune to Dictate for a long time here. Most likely when he was charmed on Live he was not totally MR Immune. All they did to fix him was buff his MR.