Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2015, 05:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BardPop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did you watch the video here? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdH_WbfqRr0
He hit him with a couple bow shots in between jousts, this is a extremely classic play-style. No where does he run completely away and stop jousting, a lot of the times the bow shots miss and don't even do 1%, its a long way away from ragnaros being bowed down completely.
the idea that people are butt hurt over this just makes me think they shouldn't play this game at all..
Old 10-19-2015, 06:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lite [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Objective of PVP is to try and make things as even as possible.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-19-2015, 06:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heebo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Obviously you're not a golfer.
Guilty as charged. Would you please enlighten me as to how it is a relevant IMG?
Old 10-19-2015, 06:30 PM
Fire Giant

Wow, you're serious?

Ok, I'll explain: every person on the box can be thought of as "Me". There's always somebody better at the game, either through more gear, or more skill, because they tend to be putting in more "effort" (i.e. Raiding hours, camping, questing, sitting at PoM ready to blast nakeds). But nobody sees them as better because they're putting in the time. It's because they're toxic, strong arming the server, or because they're a zerg.

The opposite can be said for people like Sam or easy targets like Thunderdome/TMO. They don't simply subscribe to a different play style, they got griefed off the server or they're terrible at this game because they're a bunch of whiny crybabies.

Point of the sig is that we're all the same. The only difference is the perspective by which we're being judged.

Oh and you're all nerds except for me.
Old 10-19-2015, 06:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heebo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow, you're serious?

Ok, I'll explain: every person on the box can be thought of as "Me". There's always somebody better at the game, either through more gear, or more skill, because they tend to be putting in more "effort" (i.e. Raiding hours, camping, questing, sitting at PoM ready to blast nakeds). But nobody sees them as better because they're putting in the time. It's because they're toxic, strong arming the server, or because they're a zerg.

The opposite can be said for people like Sam or easy targets like Thunderdome/TMO. They don't simply subscribe to a different play style, they got griefed off the server or they're terrible at this game because they're a bunch of whiny crybabies.

Point of the sig is that we're all the same. The only difference is the perspective by which we're being judged.

Oh and you're all nerds except for me.
ohhh I always thought it was like, where YOU were.. like you were the perfect eq'er hehe.. but I like it even MORE now that I know that the ME in your drawing is more like a "you are here" thing and that no matter who ME is.. well you said it in the post I quoted.

Such deep.
Old 10-19-2015, 06:39 PM
Banned

It's like the driver that speeds past you is a lunatic but anyone you pass doesn't know how to drive and needs to get off the road type of deal.

Still don't know what it has to do with golf.
Old 10-19-2015, 06:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's like the driver that speeds past you is a lunatic but anyone you pass doesn't know how to drive and needs to get off the road type of deal.

Still don't know what it has to do with golf.
Exactly.

Obviously you're not a golfer.
Last edited by Heebo; 10-19-2015 at 06:46 PM..
Old 10-19-2015, 08:16 PM
Kobold

This thread is why I don't play r99 and why discord is the closest thing to stimulating pvp I'll ever see again in EQ.
Old 10-19-2015, 08:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cronik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This thread is why I don't play r99 and why discord is the closest thing to stimulating pvp I'll ever see again in EQ.
pras this guy.
Old 10-20-2015, 09:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BardPop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did you watch the video here? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdH_WbfqRr0
He hit him with a couple bow shots in between jousts, this is a extremely classic play-style. No where does he run completely away and stop jousting, a lot of the times the bow shots miss and don't even do 1%, its a long way away from ragnaros being bowed down completely.
Shoudlnt play a role. The player without the awesome range item has to reconfigure their whole playstyle to adjust to thr o.p. item. You're no longer fighting the same person, but rather an on the fly style that had to be adopted.

Reminds me of when kringe wouldnt fight deluxee, unless he could use every tool available. Immediately you knew he had bow of the underfoot in mind, and he wouldn't do the fight without it. Fandangos willingness to fight with his ST bow is just as transparent.
Last edited by lite; 10-20-2015 at 09:48 AM..
Closed Thread