Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 01:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonerism [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought if you were suspected of 2 boxing they ported you to some magic land and made you and your partner run figure eights to prove that two different people are playing?
my friend and her sister had this happen to them on live. You get ported to the kitty room and stand in front of a gm and have to do figure 8s and such to prove it's 2 people
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune View Post
Dance puppets dance.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:58 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanknspank [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Jumping through hoops to get an IP exemption
Guess you've been playing WoW too long if you think posting one thread in a forum is jumping through hoops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanknspank [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
constant threat of being banned for no reason just makes this completely unappealing.
Yes, don't play a FREE game with a slight chance you may not be able to play the FREE game. I call BS.

Quote:
We play WoW together and the 2-seater mounts and /follow are a huge reason of why we managed to get any quests done. She has a horrible sense of direction / location and that is in a game where the night is as dark as a slightly cloudy day and that has maps, minimap and a million arrows and markers leading you to the next action you must perform.
Maybe she just isn't cut out for gaming, and you could share a hobby she is capable of full participation. As a female gamer, I took offense to this description of your "gaming wife"
Old 02-11-2013, 02:05 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nice pic. This seems like a huge waste of energy when the bigger and more obvious problem is people powerleveling in popular dungeon camps...every single goddamn day. I honestly do not care about someone 2-boxing as long as they're not doing it in the middle of a dungeon, killing all the mobs...while other people who came to actually take on the challenge appropriate to their level range are sitting around LFG, chasing after scraps, or logging off.
This...unrest is just full
Old 02-11-2013, 02:08 AM
Planar Protector

unrest should never be leveled in anyways. it's such garbage. go to guk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune View Post
Dance puppets dance.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:12 AM
Aviak

Default Prohibition

Boxing prohibition on P99 I have observed to be synonymous with Drug Prohibition.

You have a large set of the population that believes that it is the most evil thing in the universe and must be stopped by all means. Another subset that generally doesn't believe it's that big of a deal because they don't do it and it has never directly effected them. And a government that engages in haughty rhetoric and institutes Draconian means of stamping it out that ultimately ends up frightening rule-abiding people.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:15 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyra [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe she just isn't cut out for gaming, and you could share a hobby she is capable of full participation. As a female gamer, I took offense to this description of your "gaming wife"
That's an elitist remark, if ever there was one. To be "cut out for gaming" all someone needs is to be having fun.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:16 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People seem to be getting just hostile lately with false accusations. My girlfriend and I were accused of boxing when I was helping her Warrior level up to my Druid in Unrest yard (I was level 23, we're not talking serious PL going on). No AF, both running around, both speaking in /say and /ooc, basically they were accusing us just because they were claiming that yard trash was a claimable camp now and we were intruding.
It's hostile to send you a tell while your sitting, and then wait for a response while standing in front of you, while your "g/f" was running around?

In my experience, the sides of Unrest are recognizable camps by the players on P99. You chose not to play nice. My group of SIX players had been in that area when you decided to move right in and "PL your g/f". I called you rude, which you were. I didn't bother GM's with a petition.

Odd how your "g/f" had to log out too when you went to get the earring to sell. Maybe she was just done for the night, right?

In my opinion, a defensive post in this thread is admission of guilt.

Carry on.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:18 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's an elitist remark, if ever there was one. To be "cut out for gaming" all someone needs is to be having fun.
Hey, it wasn't me saying his wife isn't capable of playing the game...it was him.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:22 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Boxing prohibition on P99 I have observed to be synonymous with Drug Prohibition.

You have a large set of the population that believes that it is the most evil thing in the universe and must be stopped by all means. Another subset that generally doesn't believe it's that big of a deal because they don't do it and it has never directly effected them. And a government that engages in haughty rhetoric and institutes Draconian means of stamping it out that ultimately ends up frightening rule-abiding people.
This server doesn't allow boxing. Did you miss that somewhere?

It doesn't matter what the "population" believes. It's against the rules.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:22 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyra [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey, it wasn't me saying his wife isn't capable of playing the game...it was him.
Having a poor sense of direction in a game doesn't mean that someone can't play it. I played with a few people on live, back in the mists of time, who were excellent players but they could get lost in a small room. They solved the direction problem by being druids, and porting everywhere. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread