Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 02:16 AM
Orc

Default Fippy / Nix / Derj Darkpaw Death Mosey

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

On live, Fippy/Derj/Nix and the rest have a particular habit of yelling their displeasure across zone and then running for the road, following it straight towards the gates of Qeynos and then getting killed as soon as they reach the guards.

This is normal.

However I've noticed a major change in their habbits that has brought along two very odd bugs.

1st: The Death Mosey.

You can't tell from this picture, but he's proceeding at normal walk speed up to the gates. What you can see from this picture is that he's not taking the normal route. He's running (well, walking really) straight from his spawn point to the front door in the most direct line possible, irregardless of trees.

The second bug on the same run.

On the surface nothing is wrong. Direct your attention to the chat window on the lower right. Who's saying that? Is it a shout or a say? The chat log leaves that information out.

This of course is a minor bug in a newbie zone but it does affect the experience. My wife noticed the problem first as she had our connection the first half of the day. Then when I was playing my monk, I saw it happen repeatedly.

Just thought you guys should know.
Last edited by nilbog; 08-02-2013 at 12:16 AM..
Old 05-30-2012, 05:34 AM
Orc

UPDATE: I was just on the EQ Titan Server and they seem to have the same problem with the EQ Death Mosey. This might be something difficult to correct then. Not sure as I have no knowledge of how the code works. Currently for people who can kill the Darkpaw Family members, it's way too easy to catch them.
Old 06-07-2013, 03:12 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
You can't tell from this picture, but he's proceeding at normal walk speed up to the gates. What you can see from this picture is that he's not taking the normal route. He's running (well, walking really) straight from his spawn point to the front door in the most direct line possible, irregardless of trees.
Will be fixed by pathing when someone gets around to it.

Quote:
On the surface nothing is wrong. Direct your attention to the chat window on the lower right. Who's saying that? Is it a shout or a say? The chat log leaves that information out.
Fixed, pending update.
Closed Thread