Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 09-23-2024, 07:33 PM
Planar Protector

How can you say no to a lance on a knight? As much as min max and stuff counts, this is is an RPG at the end of the day, which means KNIGHT POKE LANCE.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 09-23-2024, 08:39 PM
Planar Protector

The Lance is more underrated than CHA. Half the time stuff you fight ends up rooted while you click heal back up. That dot probably adds 600-800 a fight a minimum. Its like 4.5 dps on top of the 25-35dps you will be doing to the mob.
Old 09-24-2024, 08:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balimon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This.

Except the Lance, honestly that thing is way overrated.
nah it aint doe, and if you dont want / cant do epic nor have access to big boy 2 handers via dkp its amazing

meni bang for buckaroonies - id take it over any other droppable really...the worse your gear is the better the proc...which if you're a a max cha human soloing you aren't anywhere near STR cap either

kilva's is the best thing you can have on you...that shit is like a NOS button...i always tried to pop them with a full mana bar / everything ready to go with some nice sweet broken up pulls...or ofc if you get a tough named or something to deal with

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist View Post
With enough Clerics any class can survive AoW.
Last edited by Toxigen; 09-24-2024 at 09:07 AM..
Old Yesterday, 10:00 PM
Fire Giant

This game was a copycat job off a MUD that was based on AD&D, and it is the unbreakable law of AD&D that only humans can be paladins. As such, dwarf paladins are an abomination. They should all barrel-roll into the abyss. This is an undeniable fact.
Old Today, 01:11 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatdane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As such, dwarf paladins are an abomination. They should all barrel-roll into the abyss. This is an undeniable fact.
hard agree I didn't want to say it but im pretty racist against dwarves in eq. The NPCs are fine dont get me wrong but I've had some weird interactions with the PC ones...
Old Today, 01:38 AM
Kobold

Great suggestions guys! Picked up a spade the other day so covered in that department. Epic would be cool as well, is the faction grind the hard part or are there some bottlenecks when it comes to drops?

Still going back and forth between human and dwarf. Leaning towards human but can’t decide on what face to pick. The eye patch guy is probably the least psycho looking one but feels like it’s been done before..

Reg the kilvas, do you recharge them or buy new ones?

Didn’t have a crown when I leveled my first paladin. I suppose divine purpose can just be kept up all day with it? While not full hp ofc
Old Today, 10:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordbear [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Great suggestions guys! Picked up a spade the other day so covered in that department. Epic would be cool as well, is the faction grind the hard part or are there some bottlenecks when it comes to drops?

Still going back and forth between human and dwarf. Leaning towards human but can’t decide on what face to pick. The eye patch guy is probably the least psycho looking one but feels like it’s been done before..

Reg the kilvas, do you recharge them or buy new ones?

Didn’t have a crown when I leveled my first paladin. I suppose divine purpose can just be kept up all day with it? While not full hp ofc
you should never be full hp or full mana

just buy moar kilvas

spade is great

human max cha is the soloist choice, if you're gonna group do whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist View Post
With enough Clerics any class can survive AoW.
Old Today, 10:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordbear [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Vox/Naggy/Miragul used to be the epic bottlenecks. I'm sure most of that stuff rots nowadays on Blue, not sure about Green. Faction is annoying, but doable. The final turn in is also a bit tough as you need to get a bard to kite fear for you or sneak in during a raid to do it. It was worth it though for me given its probably the best looking weapon in the game and the only way pallies get 2h bash which is really helpful.

As far as divine purpose, I typically don't run it as I need the mana regen for other things, pallies have no real issue gaining hp between dw helm/bp.