Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old Yesterday, 09:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelquest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After logging 50 billion hours in this game I would prefer to press 1 less button and just step back and start healing randomly during the fight when I felt like it. So I still think it would be a great twink paladin weapon.
Sure, but if you're at the point of redundancy where you consider Petrified Heartwood Flamberge a twink weapon, Mr. Shovelquest (if that's even your real name), I don't think your perspective is of great importance in a discussion about which weapon is better. You would probably wear a Guardian Robe for style points, but you wouldn't recommend that in a discussion about the best paladin chest item.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People use Tunare weapons when ratio > all else. The Vulaxe on a ratio level is barely better than a Meljeldin. This and the fact most knights are mocked for low dps, justifiably or not, levels 1-60…so a ratio bump is a desired thing.

You can’t see 80ac on a dps parse with the rest of your nerd friends. If root is a problem use one of your other 5 bagged weapons.
Vulaxe's unresistable 80dd proc basically equalizes the weapons for DPS purposes. There's no meaningful difference between them, and then Vulaxe's stats are much better for when you do have to tank something. The only reason to favor Tunare sword is that you can get it for much less DKP. There's no noteworthy scenario where it's actually a better weapon, it's just a lot easier to get.
Last edited by greatdane; Yesterday at 09:56 PM..
Old Yesterday, 11:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatdane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sure, but if you're at the point of redundancy where you consider Petrified Heartwood Flamberge a twink weapon, Mr. Shovelquest (if that's even your real name), I don't think your perspective is of great importance in a discussion about which weapon is better. You would probably wear a Guardian Robe for style points, but you wouldn't recommend that in a discussion about the best paladin chest item.
It is for anyone on TLP! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm just talking about my appreciation for that particular beer, I mean sword.