Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 06-23-2024, 01:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I watched these in theaters when they released between 01-03. Found out my wife hadn't seen them and so we just spent ~4ish days going through the 3 movies in the extended edition.

Wow. All I can say is wow. Ok that's not true inc a bunch of words.I remember feeling amped to play EQ after watching the movies in theaters, but as an adult I was totally blown away. I don't think I paid enough attention to the little details and politics that were transpiring when I was a kid...because this time around it felt like the movie clicked with me on all levels.

My wife just started reading the books and I think I'll do so when she finishes them. Have you guys seen these movies? Or read the books? I think both were ahead of their time..I know so many people praise these books and movies but I truly cannot say enough good things. Multiple characters resonated with me and personal life experiences and multiple scenes connected with me on some sort of emotional or personal way. I highly recommend rewatching them if it's been a while.

TLDR: I'm blown away at the LOTR movies and wanna read the books now and play another 5k+hrs of EQ or LOTRO after watching.
The movies are a masterpiece and I consider myself lucky to have been born at a time when I could see them.

Can you imagine how bad they would have been had they come out a decade later or God forbid 2 decades? Rings of Power kind of showed us this though.
Old 06-24-2024, 11:37 AM
Kobold

LOTR2024: Sauron (in eye form) and Saruman are in a polyamorous thruple with Elrond