Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 06-21-2024, 08:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always wondered how did people figure out that this or any items are rechargeable like this. (I mean outside the sell to vendor way.)

https://wiki.project1999.com/Larrikan%27s_Mask
The spell/item click for “identify sometimes says weird stuff. This one says “class 3”.

Regardless I recharge with one on an alt. 7 gold and not needing a box of the void is worth a camp-out
Old 08-15-2024, 03:39 PM
Aviak

If players really feel this way then the people they are playing with are actually really bad at the game. Root costs 30 mana and gives warrior aggro. By the time it wears off, assuming the mob is still alive, aggro is no longer an issue.

When I play my shaman I will duo with a warrior over almost any other class because they are easier to heal than a Monk for the content we do, and they have very respectable DPS. When I duo with monk I feel like I have a lot more clutch moments where they suddenly almost die, and when I duo with a paladin or sk the mobs don’t die fast enough for the camp to feel good.

It’s just weird how many people complain about warrior aggro because if the players in your group aren’t rooting the mobs then they are bad at the game I don’t feel bad for saying this.

Even when I’m playing on my Enchanter I notice that most clerics are skilled enough to root mobs before I even mez them.
Old 08-15-2024, 06:36 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah so any class that can't do its basic function without help is a bad class imo

Warriors need to hold aggro and that's like the 1 thing they can't do reliably

You auto attack
Press kick
Hope you proc or someone roots the mob for you
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 08-15-2024, 08:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You auto attack
Press kick
You ensure you are appropriately geared
You take less damage than every other class
You have overpowered disciplines
You actually accomplish the job while putting out admirable dps
You don’t really have aggro problems
Fixed that for you.

The above was always my experience as a warrior.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 08-15-2024, 08:22 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah so any class that can't do its basic function without help is a bad class imo

Warriors need to hold aggro and that's like the 1 thing they can't do reliably

You auto attack
Press kick
Hope you proc or someone roots the mob for you
By this same logic clerics are a shitty class too.

but yes, if your healers aren't capable of rooting mobs then they are actually bad.

when i heal in KC i usually dont get the luxury of having an enchanter mez, the only CC we have is root lmao. I dont care if youre a paladin or an SK, Im slowing the mob and immediately rooting it so I can sit down without the mob punching me in the face. its really not that hard.

also when it comes to solo'ing as a warrior, you dont need to use procs, you can use a wurmslayer and scimitar of the emerald dawn for insane damage. two warriors in our guild literally just did 1-40 in a couple of nights of playing with good weapons, haste item, and a fungus tunic. no matter how much money you spend twinking an actual op class like enchanter, they aint leveling that fast.
Last edited by Wakanda; 08-15-2024 at 08:24 PM..
Old 08-15-2024, 09:08 PM
Aviak

i guess rogue would actually be the best example. class is pretty bad. not great at solo'ing. i dont really like duo'ing with them because they aren't tanky and need to be behind the mobs to really deal great damage. just a really bad class for 90% of the content.

In reality at high level though i love having them in my group and they are top dps in raids. like on paper any class can be really bad lol.
Old 08-15-2024, 10:25 PM
Aviak

sorry if i sound hostile btw, i just got hella triggered when someone told me im bad at the game because i dont think its a big deal to root mobs. like i literally just slow mobs and root so i can sit down. sometimes i root first because slow alone will get me instant aggro sometimes. i dont feel like this is a big deal or really a hard thing to do, especially with clicky. root is a fast cast.
Old 08-16-2024, 12:10 AM
Planar Protector

What slow do clerics have? OoO

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 08-16-2024, 01:06 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakanda [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i guess rogue would actually be the best example. class is pretty bad. not great at solo'ing. i dont really like duo'ing with them because they aren't tanky and need to be behind the mobs to really deal great damage. just a really bad class for 90% of the content.

In reality at high level though i love having them in my group and they are top dps in raids. like on paper any class can be really bad lol.
What do you mean not tanky?

They get unlimited AC returns and tank just fine.

Shit warriors will tank almost the same as shit rogues. There's very little difference in it.
Old 08-16-2024, 04:14 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What slow do clerics have? OoO
I play shaman, cleric, necromancer, and enchanter, lol.