Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 06-02-2024, 07:48 PM
Planar Protector

This game looks great. Sucks I missed the stress test... looking forward to trying it at some point! At least some people are trying to recreate a game similar in spirit as OG EQ!

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 06-02-2024, 07:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This game looks great. Sucks I missed the stress test... looking forward to trying it at some point! At least some people are trying to recreate a game similar in spirit as OG EQ!
Yeah IMO the only way to do it right would have to be a non-profit project.

Even the OG devs couldnt both make a good game, and a profitable game

They made a good game, then screwed it up by trying to appeal to wall street
Old 06-02-2024, 09:04 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrateTurk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played the stress test yesterday.

Differences from P99

My monk had FD at level 1. I hear that Clerics will be able to rez from like level 8 or 9.

There was also an interesting change whereby the vendors will not indiscriminately buy whatever it is you are trying to sell to them (and the ones that do give you worse prices?). So if you want to sell your cracked staff or whatever you have to find the guy who wants to buy it.

They did not have sense heading or /loc in the game. Not sure if either will make it to the final game (perhaps someone who knows more than I do can chime in?) I think some people have said there will be a compass which sounds good. I would feel lost without Loc but at the same time, it is not very immersive to have a game spit out some coordinates at you. And I would probably adapt to it.
I think a compass would be the only thing needed. I have always wanted a game to use world drops as a way to obtain maps of zones. I think it would be neat to find a map of a zone, that also may have hidden secrets on them. (Maybe the map also unlocks a place in the zone to spawn a named, hidden treasure, or unlock secret cave.
Old 06-04-2024, 12:04 AM
Kobold

Hey just as a heads up:

We will be holding a Stress Test on Wednesday, June 5th, 2024 at 1pm Eastern
  • It will run for 4 hours, ending at 5pm Eastern.
  • If we run into stability issues, we'll either immediately patch the game or, if absolutely necessary, end the playtest (with the hope of running another in the coming days or weeks after)
  • For the beginning part of the Stress Test, only Relle (US-East-1) will be available. For this test only (and possibly other Stress Tests), it will be an EU Region server. (But not the Weekend Test.)
  • Early in the test, we may be limiting characters to only the Night Harbor zone, but we will bring other zones online as soon as Stress Test data is collected.
  • If/when we hit a specific player count on Relle, we will also open Krivea (US-East-2). This server will also be located in the EU Region for this and possibly further Stress Tests. (But not the Weekend Test.)

----
  • Disclaimer: This is a Technical Stress Test, and some in progress work may not be as polished as in the upcoming weekend Playtest. There is also the possibility of lag and other stability issues.
    ----

I know this is a weird time for most but if you're able to join it'd be cool. We want to test out some changes made based off the Saturday test. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-04-2024, 04:55 AM
Aviak

I'm totally down for helping with that! I've created an account, downloaded the client and I'm ready to go! This is amazing.
Old 06-11-2024, 09:11 PM
Kobold

Hey just in case folks don't check the discord:

We will be holding a Stress Test on Friday, June 14th, 2024 at 1pm Eastern.
  • It will run for 4 hours, ending at 5pm Eastern.
  • If we run into stability issues, we'll either immediately patch the game or, if absolutely necessary, end the playtest (with the hope of running another in the coming days or weeks after)
  • For the beginning part of the Stress Test, only Relle (US-East-1) will be available. For this test only (and possibly other Stress Tests), it will be an EU Region server. (But not for the Weekend Test.)
  • Early in the test, we may be limiting characters to only the Night Harbor zone, but we will bring other zones online as soon as Stress Test data is collected.
  • If/when we hit a specific player count on Relle, we will also open Krivea (US-East-2). This server will also be located in the EU Region for this and possibly further Stress Tests. (But not for the Weekend Test.)

Disclaimer: This is a Technical Stress Test, and some in progress work may not be as polished as in the upcoming weekend Playtest. There is also the possibility of lag and other stability issues.
Old 06-14-2024, 07:46 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Thulghor Send a message via MSN to Thulghor Send a message via Yahoo to Thulghor

I have been messing with this as the playtests come up. It's a lot of fun!
<The Second Sons> (former member of <Vesica Dei>, <Evoluxa>)

Green Server: Khargulkaronarr - Troll Shadowknight of Cazic Thule - <Venerate>, Mordwin Trueheart - Human Paladin of Erollisi Marr - <Venerate>, Konquest Unrivaled - Barbarian Warrior of Rallos Zek - <Venerate>

(Once Upon a Time: Alarik of the Brell Serilis server)
Old Yesterday, 12:05 AM
Kobold

Just a reminder that our big weekend long playtest is this week. Party starts Friday, June 28th, 2024 at 1pm Eastern and will run until Sunday, June 30th at 11:59 pm Eastern.

Make an accout and download for free here: https://account.monstersandmemories.com/
Old Yesterday, 12:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zukan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just a reminder that our big weekend long playtest is this week. Party starts Friday, June 28th, 2024 at 1pm Eastern and will run until Sunday, June 30th at 11:59 pm Eastern.

Make an accout and download for free here: https://account.monstersandmemories.com/
Sweet!!
Old Yesterday, 02:18 AM
Aviak

Great! Thank you!