Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2020, 05:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
/waitforlist
As a Brit the suggestion of queueing to join a queue excites me greatly.
Old 04-05-2020, 05:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a Brit the suggestion of queueing to join a queue excites me greatly.
ROFL [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I mean, I suppose they could eliminate /list and just have /waitforlist (or just change /list to work like "/waitforlist"), and only ever have one person on the list at a time. That would also work.

I was just trying to suggest the smallest change possible to the current system. The really important part (in my book) is going from "special giveaway to people willing to do what no one else will" to "everyone on the server who wants it has a chance ... but there's no 'welfare pixels' either, they have to keep trying until they 'win'".

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue or Green servers, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of platinum and/or gear! Send me a forum message for details.
Old 04-05-2020, 06:18 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't you still have like a full month?
Yes there is probably a month, there could be two, or three and it still wouldn't change the way things are. The people who don't have 36-120 hours straight to sit in front of a computer aren't going to all of a sudden develop that kind of time to play. Since the server has progressed through time these lists have only gotten longer and longer. They aren't going to get any shorter until the items are taken out of the game.

The problem is I see is the people who have 3-4 pairs of jboots or 3 manastones on their account or accounts and are still on the list for more. Or they are helping their guild mates gets more. Leaving the list so long that people like me have absolutely no shot at ever getting the item. With Jboots eventually i will just farm the plat and buy it from someone in EC. I have come to that realization already. I'm not upset at the fact I will never get these items the way they are intended to be gotten either. It's what the staff has decided to do and I think it's better than letting people fight over spawn after spawn. I'm sure it's made the GMs life a lot better than the alternative.

I'm not complaining how the system is, I don't really need a manastone, or rubi bp. Jboots I do need, and have needed so that is a bit of a pain. But I just go buy sow pots and call it a day. I'm somewhat of a casual player so I've been through this on blue and it doesn't make me want to play any less. It's just this when people say "well you still have this long to do it" That really doesn't matter. With this current setup it's going to be this way until they are taken out of the game or replaced by other means.
Old 04-05-2020, 06:19 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Great feedback, thank you all for sharing your opinions. If nothing else comes from it, this gave me a sense of what a part of the P99 community feels like in regards to what I thought might have been an improvement/work around.

For now I'll /list up with the rest of you and (because I'm sure we will all need it) the first case of black burrow stout is on me!
Old 04-05-2020, 08:52 PM
Planar Protector

The way I look at it is that these mechanics will improve over time as devs hone them to meet their goals.

The alternative would have been a total shit show though...
Closed Thread