Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2018, 05:26 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Original Fishlip

Hey, this is maybe a longshot, but I was wondering if anyone knew the person using the toon name Fishlip? That's my name from original and I was curious if the person who owned it wasn't using it if they'd mind allowing me to have it back. I can confirm it on a live server that it's me if necessary.
Old 03-06-2018, 01:22 PM
Orc

Make this man's dreams a reality.
Old 03-06-2018, 01:26 PM
Banned

Chances of this request are slim to be honest - good news is Fishlip is a terrible name so you have a chance to not make the same mistake twice
Old 03-06-2018, 01:28 PM
Orc

If you think Fishlip is a bad name, just wait for the surnames. Periodbloodstew will never not put a smile on my face.
Old 03-06-2018, 01:31 PM
Orc

The fact that you waited in line behind 72 other Spyders makes me wonder what kind of name evaluation qualifications you have on your resume.
Old 03-06-2018, 03:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by qxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The fact that you waited in line behind 72 other Spyders makes me wonder what kind of name evaluation qualifications you have on your resume.
The genesis of Spyder73 comes from when I was a wee lad. I went through a period where I was obsessed with paintball. I had a series of mediocre guns until my birthday where I received the Spyder Special Edition. So awesome. I got rear-cocking installed, trigger job, laser sight, 14 inch barrel, it had the extra coils that also served as a grip, sweet anodized paint job. What a weapon! Fast forward a few months and my family is getting our first home computer and AOL internet. We had to come up with a user name, my dad asks what it should be, I say 'SPYDER SE' - phone operator says we need some numbers in it, so 'SE' is '73' on a keypad and thus Spyder73 was born.
Old 03-06-2018, 04:24 PM
Orc

And the best pro-choice argument ever made.
Old 03-06-2018, 04:44 PM
Kobold

Don't throw stones in glass houses qxx:

Quote:
When The Microsoft Gaming Zone was all the rage (mid 90s), I was playing Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II like I had cancer and it had the cure. You had to make a Zone name to play there. There were enough 0bi1k3n0b1s and b_fett1337s around that I didn't want to pick a Star Wars name. So, being the mid 90s, I was into this show on MTV Oddities called The Maxx (awesome show btw and finally on DVD). There was a really minor character, not even a character really, but there was a segment with him and his name was Ret'qark'n. I didn't know how to spell it, so I made my zone named Red_Quarken.
Fast forward to 2001 when I started EQ and I was all sad panda parade that there was a 4 character minimum on names and I couldn't be Red and Redd looked lame. So I went with Quarken. When it was level 20 surname time, I didn't have any ideas. I figured it would be cool to get the 'Red' back in there but Quarken Red or Quarken Redd looks and sounds lame. I thought Quarken the Red would be cool but no-go on the title thing and Quarken Thared or Tha'Red was also derptastic. I kind of abandoned the idea of having 'Red' back in my name properly but after all the plotting and scheming I ended up coming up with Xired. I went with it because the word looked cool and, if you say it right, it sounded cool. So that's it, Quarken Xired.
Fast forward a few more years when Ventrilo became the new hotness around EQ and I learned everyone pronounced it wrong. I did not think my cunning plan through. It doesn't rhyme with tired or hired
And my alt Tecknoe Destructo, which some of the really old EQ players might remember as the first character to solo Nagafen and Vox to much doubt and debate, is a character from GWAR lore. Here's a picture of the mighty Techno Destructo. He's GWAR's arch-nemesis. I couldn't get Techno through the name filter and, when I tried to surname it, neither would Destructo I went with Deztructo and just kept petitioning for the spelling to be changed. The first GM or whatever that replied actually told me off saying, "EverQuest isn't sci-fi; it's fantasy. We can't change your name"...lol. But the second GM fixed the spelling for me. Hooray.
Old 03-06-2018, 05:25 PM
Orc

I'm glad to know you, like everyone else, has my autobiography bookmarked.
Closed Thread