Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2016, 11:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Flair [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You believed a lie. There is no way in 60 years we don't know how to create a better rocket attached to a plane. We have the tech to circle the globe in 2 hrs (10x faster than back then) yet mysteriously can't even fly a manned craft beyond earths upper orbit? Lies.

The problem is we can't go past the van allen belt, and never could. Nor could we likely communicate that far. Yet of course we managed to transmit in real time from the moon 200k miles away in 1960s yet I can't even get 1 bar in my house to a tower 3 miles away in 2016. B u l l s h i t.
Bdastomper and big J (2 moon men believers) just got dunked on so hard I heard the glass breaking from my cell phone and had to take it out of my pocket and see what happened.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 09-05-2016, 11:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Flair [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You believed a lie. There is no way in 60 years we don't know how to create a better rocket attached to a plane. We have the tech to circle the globe in 2 hrs (10x faster than back then) yet mysteriously can't even fly a manned craft beyond earths upper orbit? Lies.

The problem is we can't go past the van allen belt, and never could. Nor could we likely communicate that far. Yet of course we managed to transmit in real time from the moon 200k miles away in 1960s yet I can't even get 1 bar in my house to a tower 3 miles away in 2016. B u l l s h i t.
I imagine you are following news on Orion,which hasn't launched yet. Hopefully, these issues of the Allen Belts will come to pass.

Either way:

Apollo was designed to pass through those belts, and had no problem with them, as James Van Allen stated at the time of Apollo. The Command Module was well shielded. It had to be to survive a punishing re-entry. Any new design has to keep the many factors he mentioned in mind. Orion may LOOK like Apollo, but there are important differences. More sophisticated electronics for one thing. In many ways, electronics are more sensitive to radiation than human beings are. Apollo was navigated primarily from the ground. At that time, computers were not yet miniaturized to have the primary navigation on board. They did have a primitive backup system in case communications were lost for a significant period of time.
Old 09-05-2016, 11:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm in my phone but I'd say you approach this with a bias. Didn't you have a security clearance at a contractor plant?? You're inherently bias as a pseudo G-man I think.
Page over

Old 09-05-2016, 11:58 PM
Banned

Personally, I think the Dragon is much neater ship ,but I can see why Orion is appealing. One of the big reasons is price tag.
Old 09-06-2016, 08:14 PM
Banned

It's crazy thinking the astronauts that will embark on mars are about my daughters age now.
Old 09-06-2016, 08:25 PM
Planar Protector

Spoiler: astronauts will never go to mars or anywhere else beyond earths orbit.
Old 09-06-2016, 08:29 PM
Planar Protector

The dunks per second in this thread were too real. my radio edit Flair went in on these moon men martians.

Old 09-06-2016, 08:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Spoiler: astronauts will never go to mars or anywhere else beyond earths orbit.
It'll definitely happen in the next 30 - 40 years bro. Space X is going all the way.
Old 09-06-2016, 08:58 PM
Planar Protector

even if we don't...

https://www.nasa.gov/directorates/sp...ics/index.html

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/robocup2015

assuming we will make it that far on the other hand....
Last edited by entruil; 09-06-2016 at 09:04 PM.. Reason: hadnt looked at motherboard.vice.com before , seems neat...
Closed Thread