Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 10:00 AM
Banned

Default Jewelery Making profitable?

Could I work with Jewelry Making as I level to make decent plat?
Old 04-28-2016, 10:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orotiagito [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Could I work with Jewelry Making as I level to make decent plat?
You'd need to max it, but then it would take a while to recoup the costs. Eventually you'd be in the black given enough time.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 04-28-2016, 10:12 AM
Planar Protector

are you an enchanter or have access to one?
Old 04-28-2016, 10:13 AM
Kobold

I spent between 8k-10k getting JC up to skill 242. I had to make and sell approximately 50 pieces of velium jewelry to make that back and break even. For example:
1 Velium Bar = 252pp , 1 Fire Opal = 50p, 10% failure rate = 332p cost to make
Sell in EC for 500p means 168p profit. Only have to sell 48 of those to make back 8k. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-28-2016, 10:14 AM
Planar Protector

Classic allowed you to make marginal profit on combining and selling back the resulting jewelry to a vendor provided you enchanted the bar. This marginal cost was more or less offset by the 5% generic failure rate on combines in the long run though.

On this server, sort of you can? It isn't a huge amount of money.

Aside from Alchemy, almost no tradeskills are worth the money invested to skill them up. Classic-Velious was very bad from a tradeskill end. The developers got much better at making tradeskills relevant in Luclin and PoP though.
Old 04-28-2016, 10:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trajor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I spent between 8k-10k getting JC up to skill 242. I had to make and sell approximately 50 pieces of velium jewelry to make that back and break even. For example:
1 Velium Bar = 252pp , 1 Fire Opal = 50p, 10% failure rate = 332p cost to make
Sell in EC for 500p means 168p profit. Only have to sell 48 of those to make back 8k. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Easier to make back than Kunark/Vanilla era JCing, arguably.
Old 04-28-2016, 10:44 AM
Banned

Would be easier/cheaper/less frustrating to make a porter for easy $$$. I am actually thinking about leveling a druid or a wizard when my Necromancer hits 60...probably Druid...
Old 04-28-2016, 11:40 AM
Orc

It was pretty profitable a couple years ago, especially if you farmed your own gems.

These days you're more or less selling jewelry at or around cost of mats. So if farm gems, it's pretty much just a way to sell them quicker.
Old 04-28-2016, 01:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keary [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was pretty profitable a couple years ago, especially if you farmed your own gems.

These days you're more or less selling jewelry at or around cost of mats. So if farm gems, it's pretty much just a way to sell them quicker.
This is pretty much it. I made a lot from JC back in the day but now its hard to get much more than the cost of the combine. With the fail rate it isnt nearly as worth it as it used to be. I have moved on to mostly doing combines for people that provide the materials and they pay me for successful combines.
Old 04-28-2016, 03:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
are you an enchanter or have access to one?
Yes, I'm leveling a High Elf chanter.

Well, I was thinking that while I was leveling I could choose mobs that drop certain JC materials so I could level+farm and raise JC at the same time.

I just want to be very efficient with what zones I spend my time in. I don't want to backtrack.
Last edited by Orotiagito; 04-28-2016 at 03:18 PM..
Closed Thread