Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 07:35 PM
Aviak

Default Wiz : Staff of Temp Flux

Anyone know about how long it takes to complete this quest??

I've seen that most of the turn ins drop common except the Heart of Frost from the Goblin Wizard in Permafrost...

any ideas would be great looking to maybe try and get this quest line going with a few willing others to help
Old 05-12-2015, 09:19 PM
Kobold

If you have a high level to kill the mobs for you.
It will take no more than 1 or 2 hours.. as you have to port around Kunark a bit,
Old 05-12-2015, 11:32 PM
Kobold

If I recall that lguk piece can be a big pain
Old 05-12-2015, 11:58 PM
Planar Protector

flux staff is so awesome though its worth whatever time you have to put in to it.
Old 05-13-2015, 12:54 AM
Aviak

I'm only 22 atm but was going to try and see if someone will help me with it one day
Old 05-13-2015, 10:12 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew23 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I recall that lguk piece can be a big pain
I think you may be confused with the Staff of the Wheel quest. This quest is for inventory clicky debuff stick Staff of Temperate flux.

I have notified guildies to hold onto pieces that drop because they happen to be in the areas. So far I have a heart of fire waiting for me. Now to acquire a Lambent store, Rod of Bone, Heart of Ice. Man, I can't wait...
Old 05-13-2015, 10:27 AM
Planar Protector

With a level 50+ and a porter it's a 2-3 hour quest. A 52+ Druid is perfect for the quest.

Port to Lavastorm. Go to Sol A, track for goblin wizards. Heart drops like 50% of the time
Port to NKarana, run to WK, Egress across WK, run to Permafrost. Track wizards. Heart drops a bit less, probably 25%?
Port to Feerott, run to Rathe Mtns, Egress across Rathe, run to Lake Rathetear. Rod of Bone isn't rare but there's only 2 skeletons on a decent respawns. Just RNG dependent... It also makes me very upset they drop Heart of Stone, yet that item isn't used in the quest that also uses the Heart of Ice and Heart or Fire :/.

Darkwood Stave you can get a Lambent stone or you can grab one from the 3-4 quest NPCs in Cleric epic that drop them (many people let it rot).
Old 05-13-2015, 10:33 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewrush [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think you may be confused with the Staff of the Wheel quest. This quest is for inventory clicky debuff stick Staff of Temperate flux.

I have notified guildies to hold onto pieces that drop because they happen to be in the areas. So far I have a heart of fire waiting for me. Now to acquire a Lambent store, Rod of Bone, Heart of Ice. Man, I can't wait...

The pieces are no drop I thought?
Old 05-13-2015, 10:38 AM
Planar Protector

They can be MQ'd.
Old 05-13-2015, 10:57 AM
Planar Protector

P~sure I have Heart of Frost in bank if u need. LMK
Closed Thread