Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 02:31 PM
Planar Protector

Default Group bugs

So I went to search for other posts on this but the search function is either broken or I'm horribly inept.

In any case this is the first variation of group bugs that I've seen, or at least seen in it's entirety with results that can be recreated:

Person A invites Person B. Person B doesn't deny the group invite.

Person A joins Person C's group. Person B finally accepts group invite from person A, and ends up in Person C's group.

I'm fairly certain this has been one of the main problems all along, and is nothing new, but it finally dawned on me that the invites are not being checked against the correct group and the original invites are not being automatically cancelled once the group created by Person A can no longer exist. Perhaps if there was a check to verify that Person A in this example is still capable of being a group leader (not being in Person C's group, or by taking over Person C's group), it would prevent some of the bugging we've been seeing with 7-8 members being in one group but being completely bugged out. From what I guess, the server is assuming A is still a group leader which causes A and C to both be leaders, which upon zoning, splits the groups up into the original groups, or attempts to switch them around into some variation of two groups, anyway.

This seems like it would've been reported now but I hadn't experienced it and been able to describe it with such detail and clarity until now.
Last edited by Aadill; 10-26-2010 at 02:34 PM..
Closed Thread