Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-11-2021, 11:30 AM
Fire Giant

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/....html?skill=43

Quote:
My halfling warrior is level 60 and only uses sneak to sell to otherwise nasty vendors. it is capped as a racial trait at 50 and minimal help.
Data was 26/40 success.

I doubt this will ever be provable. It's pretty much impossible to find anything specific on success rate of racial abilities in era. All I can find are quotes like the above mentioning how it was pretty much useless.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/...o-work.270761/

Quote:
I chose to play a Dark Elf, partially because of the Hide-ability, seeing many recommend it as a great way of breaking charms for no mana cost, but I've only managed to break charm twice in about 3 hours worth of testing it out, the other times the mob just remained charmed
Quote:
You can't skill up Hide at all. It's forever capped at 50. It's probably successful like... 1 in 4 times or so?
Racial hide being ~65% successful seems much too high for 50 skill. There are lots of anecdotal posts like this mentioning how unreliable it is. The only "use" mentioned is to AFK safely, do some quest stuff, and for Charm breaking where it's always called out as not very good. I've been using Hide to break charm for about 20 levels now and it is very usable compared to historical or TLP mentions. I wouldn't even bother to get an invis ring it's so successful. Also I regularly use Hide to avoid death from trains and such. I guess this is another example of something that will never be proven so it will be left in an unclassic state.