Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2017, 03:06 PM
Sarnak

Default Ogre vs Iksar

I have both iksar and ogre warrior at 30 but cant decide which one to take further, before i start putting MQs and stuff on one of them.

I pretty much like the looks of them both equally, so it comes down to racials for me.

Does the regen mean much in groups? once it kicks in at 51.

How about the AC bonus? Is FSI a better option?
Old 04-28-2017, 03:10 PM
Kobold

One nice thing about Iksar is you will be pretty much guaranteed to get a full set of Legionnaire Scale Armor that drops in the Plane of Hate, since you'll probably be the only Iksar Warrior there. Statwise however I believe Ogre comes out ahead.
Old 04-28-2017, 03:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kempoguy80 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Statwise however I believe Ogre comes out ahead.
Statwise, everybody is the same when they cap out at 255. Everybody except Iksar, that is, because they have an innately higher AC. And in raiding, FSI is practically meaningless for a Warrior tank because you can dump 5 mallet charges into a target at the beginning of a fight.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 04-28-2017, 04:40 PM
Planar Protector

AC bonus is pretty meaningless too in raiding, because it's only the worst case scenario that matters in tanking, not the average hit. This is why HP is god.

Ogre gives you more stamina and more gear options, hence more flexibility. Also, being stunned is ANNOYING af.
Old 04-28-2017, 04:43 PM
Planar Protector

Ogre of course!

Hidden Values™
Old 04-28-2017, 04:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
AC bonus is pretty meaningless too in raiding, because it's only the worst case scenario that matters in tanking, not the average hit. This is why HP is god.

Ogre gives you more stamina and more gear options, hence more flexibility. Also, being stunned is ANNOYING af.
ogre only gives more sta at the start, once you have gear you will be maxed in sta and str. Getting stunned being annoying also plays no role in being a tank.
Old 04-28-2017, 08:51 PM
Planar Protector

Basically what I have learned from this thread so far is, whatever race a person plays is the right race to play.
Old 04-28-2017, 10:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Basically what I have learned from this thread so far is, whatever race a person plays is the right race to play.
Exactly. Min maxing will not make a retard a good group mate, and choosing the "wrong" race will not doom a skilled player.
Old 04-28-2017, 05:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ogre gives you more stamina and more gear options, hence more flexibility.
No it doesn't. All Warriors will have the same stamina at 255 stamina.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 04-29-2017, 01:03 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
AC isn't meaningless. Similar HP tanks fare visibly differently based on AC on many mobs.
Closed Thread