Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2020, 11:20 AM
Kobold

Default Siren's Grotto "easy" hunting spots for Shawl 7?

Ok so I completed my 6th coldain shawl and would like to move on to my 7th. To do this, I need to hunt in Siren's Grotto to obtain Runed Sea Shell, Swordfish Tooth and Molkor Hide. I would also like to obtain an Ancient Fishing Pole, as I don't have any Enduring Breath (Worn) Item.

I (57 mage at the time) headed there with a RL friend (57 druid at the time) and set up camp at the safe spot near the entrance where the walrus is (just outside the entrance). We managed to kill one seahorse and needed to get out of the water before even looting its corpse, but were unable to repeat that feat. We went back with a 60 paladin, which yielded no better results.

Now, my RL friends and I are: 58 magician, 59 druid, 60 paladin and (sometimes) 43 cleric. Is there any spot that is easier than the water at the entrance (where we have to split like 3 seahorses +roamer) to obtain the Runed Sea Shell, Swordfish Tooth, Molkor Hide and Ancient Fishing Pole? Is this possible with our composition? How do we reach it?

I saw an earlier thread that talked about Siren's Grotto requirements (https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=243632) but its closed, so I opened a new one!

Thanks in advance [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

RED
Xeptna Stargaze, Evoker of the 52nd Solstice
Skraaa Katau, Shaman of the 39th Season
Ashnod the Uncaring, Cleric of the 36th Sacrifice
Last edited by TheBlob; 11-04-2020 at 11:26 AM..
Old 11-04-2020, 12:28 PM
Banned

Find an enchanter that knows the zone.

Godspeed.
Old 11-04-2020, 12:37 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Find an enchanter that knows the zone.

Godspeed.
Thanks for your comment :P But I'm looking for a way to do it with our current composition. Is there really no way to hunt there without a monk or enchanter?

RED
Old 11-04-2020, 01:32 PM
Planar Protector

The two swordfish by the waterfall at the entrance are your best bet. There is a line of sight issue, so you will only pull one swordfish. You just need to wait for the seahorse pather to swim away. You can basically fight the swordfish close to his spawn point. They don't have a ton of HP, but they hit hard and fast. You can try just burning it down with all your friends together. Since they are water creatures, you can just exit the water if you are dying.

If your combined strength doesnt work, the next best bet would be a 60 Torpor Shaman or 60 Druid if you cant find an enchanter. Shaman can slow the swordfish, so easy win there. Druid can charm the other swordfish and make them attack each other.

For the hide you can slowly kill the mobs around the exit to West Wastes. Thats where I got one of mine. Just be careful of the pather that makes a full circle though the caves. I am not sure if you can easily do it without a slower, but you can try. If you have a 60 druid you could charm the manatees I think.

Good Luck!
Old 11-04-2020, 01:47 PM
Sarnak

You want to set up on the ledge at the top level of the zone, right where you would get out of the pool of water after swimming up the tube. Its at -100, 100 and can be reached by running invis from the West Wastes zoneline. Nothing sees invis up to that point, so it is easy to reach.

It has one wandering mob, usually a Molkor, which will path back there and see you eventually, so you have to be able to kill that and should do so first to break the camp in.

Your force is borderline able to kill a Molkor. The can CHeal and Gate, and you don't have Mana sieve so you will need to rely on stuns/bash from the Paladin, and they're modately resistant. I think its possible, but you might run into some problems.

Assuming you're able to kill a Molkor at all, this location has everything you need. Its possible to easily get a number of Molkors single without an FD puller here, watch for pathing and avoid the pair guarding the hut with the tube down to the dark temple.

There are two single pullable seahorses you can camp for seahorse related items in the pool next to you. There are also a pair of servant swordfish in the tunnel leading to teh dark temple tube, around the 50,0 point. The druid should be able to charm one to help kill the other.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Annotat...ns_Grotto_Maps has most of the stuff marked, though I didn't put the swordfish pair on this map when I made it.

EDIT: Right, the seashell! Easiest here by far is to buy one, as many of these drop whenever a guild clears large blocks of sirens for Flawless Diamond farming, which doesn't happen often but it does happen enough that they're not very costly.

If you don't want to buy the seashell, you want the Eastern Siren temple. How effectively you can deal with them will in a very large part depend on how good your MR is, as the enchanter sirens are easy if you're high enough level to resist everything, but otherwise will charm/slow/gflux you into problems. The cleric ones will have the same problem as the Molkors, in that you need to stun them.

I wrote a guide to doing that part here: https://wiki.project1999.com/Siren_Hunting . Spent a good chunk of time duoing the area with a Torpor shammy back when you could interrupt cheal with push.

Sanctum Low Man Vindi Kill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyZfNjvsDRE
Last edited by 7thGate; 11-04-2020 at 01:55 PM..
Old 11-04-2020, 01:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thGate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You want to set up on the ledge at the top level of the zone, right where you would get out of the pool of water after swimming up the tube. Its at -100, 100 and can be reached by running invis from the West Wastes zoneline. Nothing sees invis up to that point, so it is easy to reach.

It has one wandering mob, usually a Molkor, which will path back there and see you eventually, so you have to be able to kill that and should do so first to break the camp in.

Your force is borderline able to kill a Molkor. The can CHeal and Gate, and you don't have Mana sieve so you will need to rely on stuns/bash from the Paladin, and they're modately resistant. I think its possible, but you might run into some problems.

Assuming you're able to kill a Molkor at all, this location has everything you need. Its possible to easily get a number of Molkors single without an FD puller here, watch for pathing and avoid the pair guarding the hut with the tube down to the dark temple.

There are two single pullable seahorses you can camp for seahorse related items in the pool next to you. There are also a pair of servant swordfish in the tunnel leading to teh dark temple tube, around the 50,0 point. The druid should be able to charm one to help kill the other.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Annotat...ns_Grotto_Maps has most of the stuff marked, though I didn't put the swordfish pair on this map when I made it.
The Molkors do run out of mana, so you can still kill them without Mana Sieve if you can fight them two or three times. I can't remember if they Complete Healed once or twice. If you fight the Molkor near it's spawn point it won't gate. My 60 Torpor Shaman and a 60 Druid duo'ed them before that way. Fight on the Spawn point and fight through the Complete Heals[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The Paladin stun idea is good if they can keep stunning. I haven't really played a Paladin, so I am not sure how often they can stun, and how mana consuming it ends up being in a single fight.
Old 11-04-2020, 02:50 PM
Sarnak

They can stun frequently enough, its mostly a problem of the stuns resisting/bashes missing enough in a row, since they'll keep trying to cheal. I've done it with a 60 pally, 60 monk (I think flying kick interrupts?) and 60 warrior for kickstun, and that was enough interrupt to work most of the time, but we also had ~9 people including me as a rogue, so the fight would be shorter.

Fighting on spawn might work for the gating, I forget if the roamer's spawn point is too close to other stuff or not. I think its on the east side of that area somewhere.

Sanctum Low Man Vindi Kill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyZfNjvsDRE
Old 11-05-2020, 08:15 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thGate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

EDIT: Right, the seashell! Easiest here by far is to buy one, as many of these drop whenever a guild clears large blocks of sirens for Flawless Diamond farming, which doesn't happen often but it does happen enough that they're not very costly.

If you don't want to buy the seashell, you want the Eastern Siren temple. How effectively you can deal with them will in a very large part depend on how good your MR is, as the enchanter sirens are easy if you're high enough level to resist everything, but otherwise will charm/slow/gflux you into problems. The cleric ones will have the same problem as the Molkors, in that you need to stun them.

I wrote a guide to doing that part here: https://wiki.project1999.com/Siren_Hunting . Spent a good chunk of time duoing the area with a Torpor shammy back when you could interrupt cheal with push.
Thanks for the detailed answer and thank you 7thGate for additional info [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I didn't see the Siren Guide on the wiki before! Will definitely try that and probably come back here to either ask more questions or say if it succeeded :O

RED
Last edited by TheBlob; 11-05-2020 at 08:19 AM..
Old 11-05-2020, 08:17 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlob [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for the detailed answer and thank you 7thGate for additional info [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I didn't see the Siren Guide on the wiki before! Will definitely try that and probably come back here to either ask more questions or say if it succeeded :O
Misclicked "quote" instead of "edit" on my previous message. Is there a way to delete a post?

RED
Last edited by TheBlob; 11-05-2020 at 08:19 AM..
Old 11-05-2020, 08:55 AM
Banned

Nothing to add, but as a druid i cant help but wonder.... Why does charm animal work on fish, but not spiders? Lol
Closed Thread