Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 10-03-2022, 05:10 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Potential New Starter

Hi peeps, I've read about P99 and am thinking of giving it a go, but wanted to check how busy the servers are?

My favourite thing about EQ was grouping with people and guild chat, so if it's mainly just people soloing/boxing I'm not sure it would be for me.

All responses are much appreciated.
Old 10-03-2022, 03:09 PM
Planar Protector

Multi-boxing is not permitted on P1999 and will get you banned. Hence you don't see much of it; solo'ers will be single characters running around.

The guild scene is fairly active. Blue and Green both have a lot of active guilds.

Leveling doesn't have the kind of pick-up groups spread throughout the world like you might remember from the original game circa 2000, but if you want groups you can find them if you stay to the areas they're known to hang out at. Very low levels, 1-teens, are going to be mostly a solo enterprise. High levels, 50+, tends to involve a lot of grouping for most characters, especially melee types. Mid levels you can mostly do either, stick to known "group zones" if you want to land groups. It's EQ so there will be days you can't get much of anything going and either solo or log off; that comes with the territory in this type of game.
Old 10-03-2022, 03:23 PM
Banned

Multi-boxing is against the rules.

There are a few who get caught for it, but it's (probably) rarely attempted.

The Green server is the most populated, but maybe only around 20% more than Blue.

Green probably also has more lower leveling players since the server is newer (and more populated)

Blue server is more established, so a ton of people are high level, BUT a lower level player can benefit in that environment. Either through more soloing-access or being blessed with free gear and items from the higher level players.

Also Blue server has more quality of life features (I think? They may have added them to Green) like pet controls and the ability to see in the dark with most races. [Again, this could be outdated information]
Old 10-03-2022, 09:01 PM
Planar Protector

If you attempt at starting groups, you can damn near find groups anywhere. I was on at 4am est on a Wednesday and there was a group in blackburrow killing gnolls(green). Blue has a close pop, buts its all top heavy.
Old 10-04-2022, 12:20 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Many thanks for the responses peeps, I will give it a go, hope to see you in game soon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-04-2022, 07:39 PM
Sarnak

just to be clear boxing on the same server is illegal. i think there are people who box cross server and play on blue and green at the same time. you could also spin up an instance of red. it's not very practical unless you are an eq addict, social butterfly, or untreated adhd.

as far as grouping i would check the p99 wiki and look at the ZEM list. if you like grouping and find a busy zone with high zem you can ride it longer.
Last edited by Valakut; 10-04-2022 at 07:42 PM..