Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 09:34 PM
Planar Protector

Wink Virtual Reality

Oculus Rift and that new Playstation VR coming out this year and from the bits I read here and there, VR is going to make its move in a big way.

Any of you pals been following this new tech? I saw something about a programed sex toy and the treatment of PTSD.

This just drummed up hype or are we all gonna be plugging in for the long run soon?

See all you pals when I transcend to my true elf form.
Old 02-25-2016, 10:24 PM
Planar Protector

ohhh no - no no no no... eh-eh. Well yeah, but no.
AR please [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean yeah, but ..AR <---
so.... um
AR
yeah
Old 02-25-2016, 10:40 PM
Planar Protector

I just don't understand all the hype. I've used "VR" headset before and it was an amusing novelty for a few hours but it's ultimately content being delivered the same way as other media: a screen in front of my eyes.

Let me know when they figure out how to induce completely lucid dreaming so I can explore the true virtual reality of busting a nut in Emma Watson or being an owl
Old 02-25-2016, 11:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just don't understand all the hype. I've used "VR" headset before and it was an amusing novelty for a few hours but it's ultimately content being delivered the same way as other media: a screen in front of my eyes.

Let me know when they figure out how to induce completely lucid dreaming so I can explore the true virtual reality of busting a nut in Emma Watson or being an owl
^^ This
VR is neat in the way 3d T.V.s can be neat. After a few hours they lose amusement. It is however anything but jaw dropping.
I occasionally have lucid dreaming, and if they allowed me to plug into something like that. Let them vegetable me lol. I have yet to experience anything more exciting and fun than lucid dreaming.
Old 02-25-2016, 11:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
or being an owl
A bird? Yes! A bird! To be a bird ...of sorts. But to fly, but then to land. But where for the bird to land? Ahh yes the bird!

Anywheat, I've been following it for years. Nice they are almost done with developing the ORift. I had some interest in a few games, but it just sort of dulled out for me. Well PC games, far less interest in any consoles. Main thing is I'm not a big fan of sitting in place with a big darth vader helmet. Other than that, it looks promising. But yeah ... AR! Not just for games, but those are nice too.
Last edited by Daywolf; 02-25-2016 at 11:11 PM..
Old 02-25-2016, 11:24 PM
Banned

i'm just waiting for xaanaka to weigh in.
Old 02-25-2016, 11:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maerilith [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i'm just waiting for xaanaka to weigh in.
I'll save you the suspense friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaanka
cum
Old 02-26-2016, 12:15 AM
Banned

Pokesan won the thread.
Old 02-26-2016, 12:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrettdc1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pokesan won the thread.
not yet but maybe now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5wvWuGBLMA
Old 02-26-2016, 12:44 AM
Banned

I am super excited about VR but it do have to admit, I get sick every time. Its such a bummer. I really think that its going to put off more people than every ones hoping to make it become like, smart phone big.

I mean dont get me wrong, i want VR so bad. Ive been waiting for some nerd to figure out how to get p99 in VR. Id pay for this. Even if it would make me sick. But I like never get motion sickness but it can make you want to puke your guts out.

There are some really cool experiments out there with it though, lots of awesome short film/wierd things and some like art tools even.

I saw someone do a world of warcraft VR mod, was pretty cool.

Also I think that some of the big AAA studios want to do something akin to arcades around the US with shit like this, and other big virtual realty 'rides' things.. seems like a stretch, like they think they can re-invent the arcade or something but who knows what they end up dumping money into to invent the next facebook lol we might see some wierd shit.

I kinda hope to just watch TV at night, in a virtual reality movie theater, with avatars of my friends and pals, and we can all watch shit like game of thrones together online from our own homes.
Closed Thread