Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 09:03 AM
Planar Protector

Default Heroine's Quest (action adventure RPG like old Sierra games)

TLDR version: Go to steam and get Heroine's Quest and play it.

So I know we've had old action-adventure games mentioned in other OT threads before (http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...ghlight=sierra mainly), and quite a few people had played them back in the day and loved them.

Anyway, Heroine's Quest: Herald of Ragnarok is on steam and it's a perfect new addition to these games. Holy cow, the game was so fun to play. I beat it three times in a spree of playing a few months ago before I started on p99 again before I burned out on knowing the story too well to do any more playthroughs at the time. Music, voice acting, story, oldschool action-adventure mechanics... it's pure gold. And it's free on steam.
Old 07-22-2015, 09:10 AM
Sarnak

Heroines quest is awesome.

My favorite new retro adventure games are the Blackwell series. If you haven't played them but like 90s adventure games you really need to play them. There are 5 of them, each maybe 7-10 hours long on average. The first game is the weakest but each game gets better and the ending of the series was awesome and very satisfyingly.

Technobabylon just came out too and is great but imo not on the same level of the Blackwell games. It's a cyberpunk theme and well done but the character development kind of sucks.

Glad to see other people around here still apreciate the genre.
Old 07-22-2015, 09:12 AM
Sarnak

And fuck telltale for what they did to Sam and Max
Old 07-22-2015, 09:14 AM
Planar Protector

Awesome. I'll check those out.

Honestly it's my favorite genre. Maybe it's nostalgia, because back in like 1993 or so my first experience with RPGs ever was Conquests of the Longbow, and then in 95 I bought Quest for Glory 3 and have been a sucker for the genre (and RPGs more broadly) ever since. But nostalgia or not, a well-done action-adventure game is just so much fun.
Old 07-22-2015, 09:24 AM
Planar Protector

Wow. I miss Quest for Glory 4 so much. Ty! I can't wait to check this out.
Old 07-22-2015, 09:38 AM
Planar Protector

I replay qfg1-5 probably once per year, lol. The fan remake of qfg2 in vga is great. I never played 2 back in the day cause I came into the series with qfg3 and couldn't get into the original 1 and 2.
Old 07-22-2015, 12:09 PM
Sarnak

I started way back in the day with quest for glory 1. Not actually qfg but the first version called "heros quest" on dos on the 3.5 inch floppies that used a text parser for commands. I must have been like 7 years old or so. Some of my best gaming memories are from that game.

For some reason I never actually played much qfg2 although I plan to before I die some day. The sheer amount of doors in that town always overwhelmed me since I always try to open every one. Tell me, are any of those doors even openable? Maybe I will finally do it.
Old 07-22-2015, 02:57 PM
Planar Protector

I think the vast, vast majority are not. Maybe like 2 that are for thief-only content. I haven't played 2 as a thief though I don't think, and again I've only done the fan remake with point+click instead of the text commands.
Old 07-22-2015, 07:27 PM
Planar Protector

I loved heroes quest, space quest, and police quest games. I'll definitely check this out.
Old 07-22-2015, 07:36 PM
Banned

did u guys like broken age?
Closed Thread