Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2020, 06:21 PM
Banned

Default Wood workers, Widdlers, carpenters, scroll saw people.

Anyone building anything cool??

Got some new tools you cant share with anyone cause nobody in your circle of friends can appreciate a jointer from 1954??

Post em here!

I wanna see!

Also looking for plans for a work bench I can drop my table saws into, making them an actual TABLE, then a saw.
Old 12-14-2020, 06:22 PM
Banned

My dead head uncle is a jointer from 1954 does that count
Old 12-14-2020, 06:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravydoo II [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone building anything cool??

Got some new tools you cant share with anyone cause nobody in your circle of friends can appreciate a jointer from 1954??

Post em here!

I wanna see!

Also looking for plans for a work bench I can drop my table saws into, making them an actual TABLE, then a saw.
I am going to build my house when I move away from here. I’m even going to do a block foundation so I can do it all myself.

It might take me a year, but I figured I could save upwards of 120,000 dollars.
Old 12-14-2020, 06:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgunben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am going to build my house when I move away from here. I’m even going to do a block foundation so I can do it all myself.

It might take me a year, but I figured I could save upwards of 120,000 dollars.
haha sugarplum clint eastwood yeoman dreams in my man's poor head

pray for his children-o-the-prairie
Old 12-14-2020, 06:49 PM
Planar Protector

I just got a grizzly 9” bandsaw for Christmas, pretty stoked about that. Picked up a jointer and planer last month. Waiting on a replacement blade elevator gear for a Bosch tablesaw I picked up for free last week. Seriously, the dude gave it away and the replacement part was $3.97 lol it’s about a $600 saw.

I’m in the process of doin the same thing. Table with a insert for the saw, thinkin about adding a lifting or capped miter saw station on the long side as well. 2 saw stations on one table would be pretty sweet. The jointer planer milling station was a big game changer for me.

Currently doing insulation work on my shop so it’s a hellhole atm but I’ll post picks after the holidays when I finish it. There are some old pics in the diy gardening etc thread
Old 12-14-2020, 07:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fame [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just got a grizzly 9” bandsaw for Christmas, pretty stoked about that. Picked up a jointer and planer last month. Waiting on a replacement blade elevator gear for a Bosch tablesaw I picked up for free last week. Seriously, the dude gave it away and the replacement part was $3.97 lol it’s about a $600 saw.

I’m in the process of doin the same thing. Table with a insert for the saw, thinkin about adding a lifting or capped miter saw station on the long side as well. 2 saw stations on one table would be pretty sweet. The jointer planer milling station was a big game changer for me.

Currently doing insulation work on my shop so it’s a hellhole atm but I’ll post picks after the holidays when I finish it. There are some old pics in the diy gardening etc thread
Oh mah gawd thats amazing. I frikken WISH someone would give me a decent saw. Does it have one of those sick beismeyer style fences on it?? I keep buying cheap ones from garage sales and they never end up being what I imagined... One has a warped table, one has warped guts inside which wont allow the blade to sit square..

You ever see those stations that have two in one? Like table saw ontop, undo the latch, the table flips over and boom chop saw or whatever else??

How does the bandsaw work for you?? I always wondered, ive never used one.. Like if you wanted to cut a 10mm by 10mm piece of whatever, how do you keep it from just, running wild and going all curvy?? I get that they have a fence but like.. meh. I think you get what I mean.

You aint kidding about getting a jointer. Shit changes the game. No more sanding saw marks like a peasant for hours. I'll still use my flat machine but only sparingly.. (the flat machine is sand paper glued to a sheet of glass lol)

I could post some pics of my stuff if anyone is interested. I'm not very accomplished just yet but the right tools makes shit a lot easier to become better.
Old 12-14-2020, 07:38 PM
Banned

Check the sauce on this one. Going to pick it up tomorrow.. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-14-2020, 07:51 PM
Banned

when i was a kid, my mom bought me a wooden dragon that you had to built from

attaching pieces together

pretty challenging since i was pretty dumb back then but it turned out all right

and i painted it red

sadly the photo was lost to time
Old 12-14-2020, 07:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fame [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Nice. I've been meaning to procure a Jointer and Planer here in the short-after-now so I can resurface/refurbish palletwood and sell side-projects under the "sustainable" marketing gimmick.

My coworker gave me a really old bandsaw a couple weeks ago. The motor still runs really nicely; just need to hit up the local Grainger for some new drivebelts and bandsaw blades to resurrect.
Old 12-14-2020, 10:12 PM
Banned

thats old, buy something new, its a tool they have made lots of innovations in the past 100 years
Closed Thread