Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Old 08-15-2023, 05:48 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Ivan's Remains: box doesn't combine

Hi,
Not sure if this is a Green issue only, but the last leg of the "Ivan McMannus' Remains" quest, which requires you to combine the remains in the box so that you can turn the quest in, doesn't work.
I have all the remains, but at no point from when I receive the box from Megan, all the way to having the remains collected and attempting to combine them, does it identify as anything other than "Empty Box". Trying to combine it results in "You cannot combine these items in this container type!"

Help?
Old 08-17-2023, 08:54 AM
Project Manager

Verify all the items in the container you are trying to combine?
Old 08-19-2023, 04:47 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I have resolved the issue; it turns out that I somehow ended up with a "dusty old jawbone" which is a no-drop for a completely different quest... but has the exact same image. Once I figured that out, I went back to the river & got ahold of an actual "barbarian jawbone", and the box combined with no issue.

Since the other jawbone is no-drop, from a different quest, and I'm pretty sure I got it when I accidentally wandered into the bear cave, I opted to squirrel it away in the bank for now. :$
Old 08-19-2023, 05:09 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Lightbulb Figured it out... this is so dumb!

So, turns out that there are two quests in that same area that each involve a jawbone with the exact same image in the inventory.

Once I realised that the "dusty old jawbone" was a nodrop and the other items were droppable, I googled it & found out that it was for a completely different quest. I think I got it when I accidentally went inside the bear cave. After I went back to the river, I looted a "barbarian jawbone", which let me combine the box and turn in the quest, and I put the other jawbone in the bank in case I need it later.