Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old Yesterday, 03:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're right, no one really knows what's in the agreement ... but if you just think about the interests of the people involved, one would expect a clause like that to be in the agreement.

Agreeing not to go past Velious is in everyone's interests: Daybreak gets a guarantee that P99 won't compete with them, and P99 gives up nothing (but gets the other benefits of the agreement, most importantly an assurance that Daybreak won't attack them with lawyers).
Yeah exactly, the clause is in there because Daybreak didn't want to look like assholes shutting down a small, beloved community run project. So they agree look you guys can run the server as classic through Velious. Anything else is gonna be a problem. And as you noted, it permits new servers because the agreement was signed 4 years before Green was launched (and the idea of Green was conceived of before the agreement was signed...it's always been the intent of P99 to launch new servers and merge the old ones).
Old Yesterday, 03:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The staff have said it before

The Wiki isn't something to rely on for everything because it's totally user managed and not touched by the staff
Ahh yeah i heard the staff say they cant do any new servers, so I guess we'll never know.
Old Yesterday, 03:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelquest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ahh yeah i heard the staff say they cant do any new servers, so I guess we'll never know.
Source?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue or Green servers, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of platinum and/or gear! Send me a forum message for details.
Old Yesterday, 04:02 PM
Sarnak

It was in the same thread as the one CD heard about velious.
Old Yesterday, 04:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelquest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was in the same thread as the one CD heard about velious.
Ah got it. So I think we can confirm that this guy is obviously just trolling now lol.

But at any rate, for anyone who comes across this thread later, here is part of the Green announcement from Nilbog confirming the plan is for future fresh servers 9which is consistent with what the staff have said for like 10 years now): "The green server will, at a time yet to be decided, eventually merge into blue and start over again. This merge will not happen until at least 6 months after the last patch in velious (No earlier than January 2023)."
Old Yesterday, 04:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Source?
Old Yesterday, 06:49 PM
Planar Protector

Green is the new red and it is vitally important to the sanity of blue.