View Single Post
Old 02-02-2022, 05:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are a lot of helpful people, but begging for randoms to help you with epics feels the same as paying for it, personally. I'd feel embarassed asking randoms to help me with a raid target and I wouldn't feel happy about finally getting the epic because the feeling that you leeched it will always stain the memory. Same for joining a guild just for loot, which is what even the casual ones are really all about. They'll give unguilded alts epic pieces before newer guild members without a second thought, by the time you get your epic even in a "friendly casual" guild you'll be bitter.

It's basically the difference between soloing/grouping to level and begging for buffs/buying PLs, except on a more memorable scale. Everyone is so loot focused that epics are always gonna taste sour unless you bring a big group of friends into the game together or have no shame in how you obtain them, 'cuz most guilds aren't that friendly EQ1 experience. They're either a close-knit group of cringelords making a guild that randoms join or they're a big farming guild where you're unlikely to make friends. In my experience, anyway.

On-topic, I barely touched green 1 due to IRL stuff, but I re-learned that Luclin doesn't exist in more ways than one. Night be dark, y'all.
So by this logic the only way to honorably achieve your epic is to get a big group of friends into the game together to help you? If one has that many "friends" that they can call upon at any moment to make that happen, I'd probably feel worse because that would likely have meant I've neglected my actual real life friends to make more in game.

I'll continue to collect my epics through my earned money/guild support to assist with things that I don't have the time for, feels plenty rewarding to me. Sorry for your bad guild experiences, mine have been pleasant for the most part.