View Single Post
Old 06-24-2022, 12:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by commongood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fair. Reason I was asking was that red vs blue would have a pretty significant impact as to the frequency of casual charming in exp groups etc. I played a chanter on Tallon Zek from 2000 2006 and I don't remember charming at all for exp during my initial Kunark and Velious play time. However that was also very much to do with the risks of getting ganked by pvp'ers. It felt like in many scenarios it was just completely untennable.

Biggest memory I have of charming-soloing was much later (in PoP) where I would solo in Bastion of Thunder and Plane of Valor for exp and profits.

Though my memory is extremely hazy - which I suspect is the caze for many people replying to threads here [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I started using charm a lot more during PoP as well. charm never recieved any kind of buffs from vanilla to this period (unless you counted dire charm, but dire charm was close to useless imo, and not what this conversation is about anyways). I would duo things like Wuoshi with a Druid partner with their CH. (Giants were immune to fear so they could actually take down Wuoshi).

The assumptions that people with only P99 enchanter experience have these opinions is wrong. Enchanter was my main on live. While i did plenty of the group/animation role as mentioned, I also did plenty of the charming too.

Another one i had fun with was charming those frogs in the plane of storms. I think that was the name? the one outside bastion of thunder. You could use those frogs to take down the giants that dropped the pieces for the key quest to enter that bastion, and I made a TON of plat doing that. Getting entry that way did not count as one of the flags to access the higher planes, but a lot of people didnt care about that.

Again though, this is us just throwing around our "experiences" so its not going to change a thing. id personlly welcome the change though. It would actually make charming easier for the content that really counts.
Last edited by -Catherin-; 06-24-2022 at 01:06 PM..