Thread: Hate recalc
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2023, 12:37 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All spell aggro has been reduced to the point that aggro management for casters is trivial. Spell aggro was too high before, but now it's way too little.

So pets and warriors can hold aggro like ubertanks, and casters don't need to worry about pulling aggro with heals, slows, or debuffs landing too soon.

But anyone like hyrbids, relying on spellcasts to gain aggro from other melees, is heavily underperforming right now. And these should be able to snap aggro. This was classic.

Some spell values for aggro might be more in line with each other now, but they're not in sync with melee threat or taunt values. So the system is out of balance.

I think there was some confusion about hate values being added to certain spells later (these were negative hate values added to offset an unintended increase to threat caused somewhere down the line). There are dev podcasts out there that explain why these were added. But spells with disease counters and debuffs always did generate significant hate, this is well documented, and they should be yielding more than they are currently.

An SK pet 15 levels under its caster should not be able to hold aggro securely from an that SK while they are spamming spells on a mob.

The weak shm pet should not instantly pick up slowed and maloed mobs with 3 dots ticking.

This is kind of a gamebreaking balance change.
I tested it with brother on the blue server. All Disease and poison counter hate has been removed. Only the damage from Dots produces any hate. The SPAs (SPell Affects) like Blind, Stun, Snare, slow etc.. All produced hate based off of Mob HP. It's the mobs/15 up to a Cap of 1200 for spells and 400 for proc/clickie. We tested this and found this to be true. My brother's 60 druid struggled to hold aggro on mistmoore mobs with Flamelick & Snare while powerleveling my level 25 paladin. However, on the 2 guards in Paineel, Guard Heridion and Guard Menbuknar, His snare or flamelick or any SPA produced 1200 hate per cast.