View Single Post
Old 03-07-2023, 02:16 PM
Sarnak

So this is my takehome message from this topic so far:

- There's no consensus on what a true BIS setup is, unsurprising as its situation dependent but most posters here assume a raiding standpoint.

- DSM pointed out there is an AC softcap but did not prove that AC despite diminished return isn't the stat to go for in any tanking or solo scenario.

- For advanced pulls players seldom use javelins but instead use clickies which allows the use of ranged slot items like Vyemm's left Eye.

- Several posters have pointed out that if you forego AC for MR (a more relevant stat than AC for DPS and pulling) you will have less sta than in the profile I linked. Items like Robe of Azure Sky, Essence Pearl, Shawl of Protection and Cloak of the Falling Stars do not appear to be controversial picks as far as MR is concerned.

- Adding ALL of the above items to my original profile and equipping Fon+Gharns you're at 234 stamina with 0 attribute points spent, 239 if you use Do'Vassir's Gauntlets of Might. You could of course add more questionable item picks for even higher MR but there appears to be no consensus at to if the sacrifice is worth it even for raid pulling purposes. 40hp difference, which likely will never matter BUT we're talking minmaxing here!

- People consider Gharn's + FoN superior over Abashi. I have yet to see any DPS comparison made with velious 2h bonus taken into account. No consideration to ripostes, once again more of a raiding mindset in the topic.

- Buff slots matter and being able to forego a stamina buff is valuable although it appears to only be relevant for advanced pulls and AoE debuff fights that aren't trivial already.

- You can proc Primal off Eye of Zomm, meaning any time when you're not in a hurry and it's motivated to set up (solo or in raid) dex and str only needs to excede 150.

- Meathook is a monk celeb and favors dex. Cecily is a straight up gangsters and enjoys dex too.

Discussion:

For solo and small group challenges HP, AC and dex to me appear the better choices. Unless you use Holgresh Elder Beads to proc your primal in which case more points in dex is pointless. In most other situations you're either chain killing (primal is up) or the fight is too trivial to bother with tedious set-ups and dex wins out anyway. Velious stamina buff clicky is 45 mins so it's not too hard to keep up and adds another 23sta.

For raiding MR is valued and AC is not. High MR pieces are low on stamina and you want to preserve buffslots if possible. So for the highest HP + MR build stamina is the better choice.

Since it's possible to without a single point invested in sta get 200+ MR unbuffed and 249 sta (which caps self-buffed) I'll go with 20 dex. Should I ever need more MR than that in a raid puller setting and drop stamina gear for more MR I could always deal with having one less buffslot or 40 less HP, it'll never matter.

Whilst the stamina crew is trying to proc worker's sledgemallet my monk will already be dead outside VP, god bless you Talendor.

Also, leveling with dex and Tranquil Staff seems fun.