View Single Post
Old 11-22-2021, 04:16 PM
Planar Protector

OK so hear me out.

You know how it's perfectly legal to film someone in public? I think that's great, and I am not arguing against that in anyway.

However, I have a pitch. Because I hate what that is doing to society with tikotk.

Example: What if you film someone at a public park that performing a puppet show that they charge admission to sit and watch, does that make it ok to film it? Sure it does actually, no arguments here!

How about if you post that on tiktok and you get 1,000,000 followers because the joke in it was hilarious?

Still ok, but here I have a pitch.

WHAT IF the money that you make posting social media, can be sought after by the person you filmed in public? So you can film people in public ALL YOU WANT, nobody is going to stop that.

BUT if you post it on youtube, and you make 16k off a viral video of some kid crying, and the parents of that kid find out, they could (with my pitch) seek out the profits made from that video from either the person posting it, or the website that posts it (get rid of section 13! also making social media liable for the misinformation the publish, win/win!).

The idea behind this law is a little bit of social engineering:

1. People need to stop posting things online.
2. Websites need to stop making money off of things people post online if it's damaging to anyone.
3. less karrens

Note: Public servants and the like, void so you can film police etc, this is designed to prevent an individual from making money off another individual simply by filming and posting it.

I dont think it's a terrible idea. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]