View Single Post
Old 05-31-2023, 01:08 PM
Planar Protector

And I was the second enchanter to lvl 60 on Quellious. I add this stupid extra post because I want to go on record, if you asked me "but what was more important?" that is a silly question to someone like me. Some people multi-task because they can. I multi-task (I learned) because I have to.

A lot of people would do better not-multi-tasking, imo. My best times are when I can actually focus on a single thing, and it makes me wonder why people who can, don't angle for this as an ideal.

True Story. St. Thomas Acquinas. Big ol' fat guy, also the best mind of his age. Theologian and philosopher. Not to be messed with. And I'm not religious. Aquinas would likely chew me to pieces. He was very fat.

On writing days, he worked by dictation. He always was working on multiple things at once. A different secretary (what is a medieval secretary called?) was assigned each writing, to keep track of it, perform amendments to it, etc. This guy *was* essentially Catholic doctrine, so this was a big operation in terms of mission.

He would wake up, have a morning, then go into the study where maybe 5 or 6 secretaries were waiting. He would pop around the room, dictating a few pages on one, then shifting to finish a paragraph on another, then to another to clean up a page from last week.

Etc. True fucking story. Space aliens. It's all space aliens. Has to be.