View Single Post
Old 04-24-2021, 07:14 PM
Fire Giant

No worries, Ahh Linux i skipped over that part And a Vertical Mouse! I remember having a Voodoo 3dfx! Geforce 2 was my first upgrade but I was way way behind just getting everyones handed down hardware so I didn't know anything about 20fps till I was like 15 lol.

in Mouse settings for Linux your Mouse Acceleration is at 100%? Or 100% ingame under Mouse in Options?

Just for Clarification, the Ingame Mouselook Sensitivity is look speed so when you got Right Mouse Button pressed down and are looking which I have at 28%.

Also some EQClient.ini things that are set on my end, maybe I modified these years ago but I am not sure but just in case.

MousePointerSpeedMod=0
MouseSensitivity=3 (this is actually MouseLook Sensitivity)
MouseActive=1
MouseWheelZoom=1

My Windows Mouse speed is 4 out of 11 notches. With Enchances Mouse Precision ON.

I'm also playing at 1440p. You are playing on P99? The FPS is Locked to 60fps, Soon as you join the server it caps it to 60fps. Which is why I mention forcing Low Latency on EQGame.exe in your Geforce/Radeon settings, completely disable vsync so as to keep your FPS at 60FPS (I know this seems ironic but it forcing it to stay there, even though that's the point of vsync lol) I find this game caused me huge issues with the dips in FPS and such so to lower Mouse Speed, Look Speed, making sure those are exactly similar so its easier on my brain when I transition from my Mouse Cursor selecting things on the Interface and the Look Mouse Speeds + optimizing my GPU to work with EQgame.exe with the advanced stuff off, you can also force higher textures, better colors etc.

Which is also why I had to modify the whole interface to be bigger, 1440p with the standard Interfaces is extremely small and you have to really make sure your mouse clicks are accurate as the interface was literally never optimized with scale in mind, Even 1080p the interface is way too small IMO.

Heres what my interface looks like, i can't play without it at this size at 1440p clicking is a choir with the standard interface

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Shawk; 04-24-2021 at 07:20 PM..