View Single Post
Old 01-27-2024, 07:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your analysis of the math that you did remains deeply flawed. The actual calculations (ie 132 seconds = 1320 damage at 10dps) seems to be just fine. Hear me out.
-We'll take your numbers at face value (well most of them)
-I won't dispute your DPS claims from deciding to use https://wiki.project1999.com/Blight,...of_the_Scourge instead of a 1 hander and shield.
-We will ignore the flaws in your math regarding the expectations in the dps contribution from a dot proc on a weapon that bcbrown addressed here https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...&postcount=446
-I won't even point out that your decision to NOT use a shield WILL mean that you WILL take more damage on average, over time, than if you had used a shield.
-I also will ignore the fact that when you attack a mob from the front you WILL take ripostes, which will cause you to take more damage and not clicking attack at all.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt on all those actual things that your post glosses over. Let us simply look at the numbers you posted.

Note: I cut out large parts of your post and replaced with "stuff stuff stuff stuff" simply to save space. Let us simply look at your numbers.

Ogre fight:
Time: 132 seconds
Net health loss: 594
Net mana loss: irrelevant because it will take you longer to recover the health than the mana you spent.

At the end of the fight this Ogre shaman was down Five Hundred and Ninety-Four health. An Ogre shaman sitting on their keister with regrowth and a fungi tunic will regenerate exactly 36 health per tick. It will take 16.5 ticks of sitting down to recover 594 health. That's 99 seconds - not 48 seconds. If you stand up after 48 seconds of sitting down - you healed 288hp, not 594.

You are still missing more than half the health you lost over the course of the fight.

The "last bit of HP" you are glossing over is actually more than half of the hp you lost. If you were to pull immediately at the end of each 180 second fight, you'd be losing close to 300 health per fight ... fight after fight. Remember, we're soloing here so this doesn't mean that you are at 100% health and 100% mana at the start of every fight and refusing to pull until you are again 100/100. You could start each fight at 90% ... or 80% health/mana. We're xp grinding here, not soloing WW dragons.

How long is the actual recover time to the "break even" point?
Ogre with JBB = 232 seconds.
Troll/iksar letting pet tank = 188 seconds (won't dispute that - same exact numbers I found)

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...&postcount=430

Already did the dotting shaman math for you. Admittedly, in my calculations the pet remains down 470hp which would take 11 further ticks (66 seconds) to fully recover to neutral ground but the troll/iksar had a net positive in mana and could cover that gap with a single cast of https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...&postcount=430 after the next mob is pulled/prepped with a portion of the surplus mana from the previous fight. Again, the pet is also regenning 45 health per tick and the shaman will be taking a few swings as first dot is landing and the first root cast is firing.

--------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------

I will say that I am proud of you. You have actually wiggled on this. Your conclusions have already shifted quite largely - and this is highly unusual for you. Perhaps, unlike most DSM threads, progress has been made?

Your first analysis showed a big gap between the two favoring the JBB. I showed you math that proved you wrong. You adopted a different and more practical approach (ie the one I used to prove you wrong) while adding in the wild card of using the 2h proc weapon.

The result?

Well geeze-luhwheeze that massive gap you used to show ain't there anymore and now it's only 180 seconds vs 188 seconds ... never mind the fact that you're still glossing over the fact your JBB shaman is 300 health behind where he started ... ya know ... cause "I'll just regenerate that last bit of HP while pulling"

When you lost 594hp and only regenerated 288hp while meditating your mana, you're still 306hp in the hole. 306hp is technically a majority of the health (ie more than half) you lost in the fight, not just a "last little bit of HP".

At 60 you may look at 306hp and say "well that's not much" .. but dig deep and remember those days before torpor. Thats a substantial amount of hp to lose per mob when grinding xp. Even counting the hp you do regen back while getting the next mob in camp ... 8-10 mobs into your xp grinding session you are going to find yourself at a state of:

Mana = neutral
HP = almost completely out

Sooner or later you will have to take either one really long ass break ... or you will have to admit that the actual fight to fight recovery time is a full 51 seconds longer than you care to admit currently.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess this means DSM is the troll and uses napkin math to convince himself he is right.