View Single Post
Old 08-16-2023, 07:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I came back after a long break and rolled an SK, noticed disease cloud was doing virtually nothing, learned about the patch, did some research/asked some people and switched to clinging darkness.

I've been playing around with a paladin but I'm still pretty low level... and still trying to decide which class I ultimately want to go with this time around. What are paladins doing for agro at higher levels (group and raid), and how well is it working? I grouped with a rogue in unrest and noticed it took flash of light spam throughout an entire fight to hold agro over a rogue. Does stun work better when I get it? Please tell me they aren't relying on root. My SK was able to do really well with just clinging darkness.
FoL is twice as much aggro as root/snare/clinging (ignoring the damage portion)/slow/stun. It is great.

What is causing your issue is another change that went in on that patch: aggro for these spells scales with the target's max HP. Bad on these newbie mobs, but not a problem on high level mobs.