View Single Post
Old 03-16-2023, 05:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I understand some of her frustration. My wife and I play some games together. One of them is Dungeons & Dragons Online. I have to do all of her inventory management, character advancement, map reading... all of that. Plus, she puts the mouse to the left of her keyboard, despite being right-handed, and uses her right hand and arrow keys to move around. It's weird. And just like in the real world, she cannot handle swimming.

On a console, she's a lot better, since the controller is two-handed, but she still cannot drive a car in-game to save her life despite doing it fine in real life. We played through Far Cry 5 and she could handle the shootouts but not the driving. It's either frustrating to watch (sober) or hilarious (stoned)

I am not saying that's all female gamers. But she and the person in part of your post seem to have a lot in common. She likes story-driven games, and Civ 6.
i just remember the complaint at the time being that maybe someone who doesn't even like video games shouldn't be the person writing complex western RPG video game plots instead of the nerdy dudes who got the job on merit that we were accustom to.

luckily for them the bad writing wasn't even a issue because they let a intern do the animation and most people focused on that for complaints.