View Single Post
Old 03-16-2023, 05:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2014 - 2015 Bioware was the center of the universe in the war against misogyny. remember the ending of mass effect reminded me that happened.

prolly a decent "down the rabbit hole" type video on youtube to sum it up or Internet Historian did one on it i think
I understand some of her frustration. My wife and I play some games together. One of them is Dungeons & Dragons Online. I have to do all of her inventory management, character advancement, map reading... all of that. Plus, she puts the mouse to the left of her keyboard, despite being right-handed, and uses her right hand and arrow keys to move around. It's weird. And just like in the real world, she cannot handle swimming.

On a console, she's a lot better, since the controller is two-handed, but she still cannot drive a car in-game to save her life despite doing it fine in real life. We played through Far Cry 5 and she could handle the shootouts but not the driving. It's either frustrating to watch (sober) or hilarious (stoned)

I am not saying that's all female gamers. But she and the person in part of your post seem to have a lot in common. She likes story-driven games, and Civ 6.