View Single Post
Old 06-28-2017, 09:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella`Ella [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stop leaning towards returning the 250gb M.2 and just do it. You absolutely need the 500gb.

You will only need a 1080ti to push even the most demanding games to their limits. A 1080 ti runs every game I've thrown at it on max settings running an Acer Predator x34 ultra wide (1440 reso at 100mhz).

The 1080 TI FE card gets very hot very quickly - it hits 82-83 degrees Celsius and then throttles performance at that point - considering water cooling it with the EVGA water cooling kit they sell. I did this and now my card has never gone above 55C.

1000 watt PSU is overkill even if your considering SLI (which you won't need to do for a very very long time. 850 is fine, but at least you got a very good PSU as it is.

32gb ram is overkill if you're trying to save money.

Invest in monitors. I went balls to the wall building my PC and at the end of the day, I just had these two piece of shit Acer monitors from 7 years ago. I went out and bought a top end monitor and never realized what a difference it could possibly make. I can sit in EC for hours or stare at a wall in ToV while tracking for hours and still be mesmerized by the pixe density!

My end build stats are -

CPU - Intel i7 7700k (OC'd to 5.0ghz stable)
CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X62
Motherboard - MSI Krait Gaming z270
RAM - 32gb Corsair Vengeance 2x16Gb DDR4 3200 (OC'd to 3600mhz stable. Side Note: Recently, I went to buy another 32gb of the same RAM and the price is now $150 MORE than what I paid for it back in January...)
GPU - Nvidia 1080 TI Founders Edition (Water cooled with EVGA Hybrid Water Cooling for 1080TI/Titan)
PSU - EVGA 850+ G3
Sound Card - SoundBlaster Z
Hard Drive 1: Samsung 960 EVO M.2 500Gb (Operating System Only)
Hard Drive 2: Samsung 960 EVO M.2 500Gb (Games)
Hard Drive 3: Seagate Barracuda 2TB
Hard Drive 4: Seagate Barracude 2TB
Hard Drive 5: Some cheapy I've been moving from PC to PC for like 13 years now...
Monitor - Acer Predator x34
Headset - Steel Series Siberias 840
Desktop Speakers - Logitech Z5500
Keyboard - Logitech G710+
Mouse - Logitech G700s
Case - Corsair Obsidian Series 750D Airflow Edition

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea I already sent the 250 back. The question still remains about the PCI-E channels though, because I'd eventually like to add another 1 or 2 to the board.

Good post though, solid advice. I for sure need to look into a nice monitor for this system.