View Single Post
Old 09-24-2023, 10:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just started playing P99 and rolled a barbarian shaman (currently lvl 14).

After reading a couple of posts, guides and watching some videos, I'm still unsure if I am going about this the right way.

Question: What is the most efficient way to solo and how do I best support a group at my level?

Solo: Do you root/rot or do you facetank(?) with slow?

Group: buff the group with dex/agi, slow the mobs and heal in between fights?

Also, I see people advocating for drowsy/inner fire (until you get heal) as they are more mana efficient?

P.S. Yes, I know the join date says "Jun 2015", but I dropped the game back then only to return now =)
For soloing:

If you have a good weapon like Poison Wind Censor and a cheap haste item, you should melee mobs until level 40 or so. Use slow to reduce the damage you take. Haste yourself and use your pet when you get those spells. Root adds off to the side so you can deal with them one at a time.

Once you hit 45 (if you are not an iksar), you can use the strategy above, but spam JBB instead of fully relying melee. JBB can take you to 60. If you are Iksar or don't have JBB, root rot to 60.

If you can get Epic before 60 then it will help you level faster, but prioritize getting Torpor first. If you buy Epic to level but are broke at 60 without Torpor, you will have a slow grind to get Torpor. Its better to be 60 with Torpor and no Epic instead of 60 with Epic and no Torpor.