View Single Post
Old 04-06-2023, 06:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i watched a talk last night that was explaining how this shit actually works and it makes me even more afraid. it literally has no idea what its writing. its just shit like "e" is the most common letter, and like more complicated versions of that but its all based on just the probability of letters in random text and when you get it complex enough where its predicting entire words that come next it somehow spits out a college level essays.

shit is fucking crazy. and dangerous. we're literally gonna kill ourselves with this shit before we even get it actually conscious or sentient in anyway

professor guy explaining it, and the chat gpt plugin that makes it do math correctly is his work apparently.
i think if just a few of us know how to build even small EMP devices, we're good

honestly the real danger is probably not so much like a terminator film but just that the vast majority of human beings are going to cease rational thought or not even develop higher level brain functions as children because they are surrounded by devices that can do all of their thinking for them

at that point the human is in effect dead, it is less than a dog, or even a rat.

a tech zombie, if you will