View Single Post
Old 06-08-2023, 12:20 PM
Planar Protector

This thread is super off the rails now but interesting to hear people's perspectives.

Tempted to make a video of soloing seb entrance down to NG but obviously being level 60 makes a big difference. Plus I've got about BiS gear and weapons that make a huge difference. The truth is I can pacify a lot of stuff in seb before the more MR mobs. Just even having ring 10 is huge.

I feel like a lot of people have no clue about knights in raids. I don't hardcore raid really anymore and I can't exactly speak for SKs but Paladin always felt super useful on raids. I'd tank trash mobs and snap agro made things so much faster. Plenty of times I'd have to pick up dragons when warriors died or be ramp tank. I did a lot of healing. Smart rogues/monks know if you can get a Paly to heal you that's more dps than getting torpor. I also snapped agro on pets, helping enchanters a lot (loss of pet health bars sucked). Finally, knight dps isn't great but it can be decent and present when an extra person of a different class doesn't add much of anything. I remember on a Tunare beating some 55-56 rogues.

As far as soloing goes, without using consumables I can do black reavers, cliff golems, stuff in chardok like KM, BM, DM, OS etc. In seb I can do NG and some other camps, like crypt, I've never tried Emp but I know Pint's done it. Some things like the cliff golem I would proc avatar on a summoned eye before starting the fight.

Also without consumables I've done soloed Lord Rak`Ashiir, Neh`Ashiir, Coercer Q`ioul. I did A3 but never tried A4 because it was always camped. I know Keerarae did A4. I pretty much soloed 4 PoM flowers (not MR). Though these ones can get pretty dicey and there can be a lot of setup. Obviously with soulfire I can do some bigger stuff. One of the last things I really want is a Willsapper to try soloing a few more things. Interestingly there are some things a Paladin has an easier time with because a mob might be super resistant and their mana goes towards healing.

Up to you guys how you want to classify Regal Band of Bathezid it's rechargable for free. I don't NEED it for anything in this list but I use it and it helps a lot having a 35 damage shield because it stacks with Ring 10.
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ