View Single Post
Old 04-10-2018, 01:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saludeen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My old Ninja650

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

- If you're getting a street bike then get at least a 250. Those are already slow and once you get good you'll probably get bored of the lack of power.

- You WILL drop it at least once. So don't buy something shiny and new.

- Cold tires will make you fall. I fell twice from cold tires and i'm a very good rider with a few years of experience and growing up racing BMX. Cold tires are hard and non-sticky so act like you're driving on ice. And even slow falls hurt because you're falling on pavement.

- Practice doing circles in a smooth empty parking lot so you get comfortable with leaning. Don't underestimate this. It will increase your riding skill a thousand percent. You'd be surprised at how far the bike can lean. And you'll feel like a pro when you're back on the roads.

- SLOW into the corner, steady or accelerate out, this puts grip and weight on the back tire. When you go too fast into a corner (and you'll experience this terrifying feeling), you either have to lean past your instinctive comfort zone (good luck), or go wide and crash. Happened to me once on a hill country road and its the scariest feeling. And NEVER hit the breaks in a corner or the bike stands up straight or the wheel slips out.

- ALWAYS wear a helmet. This coming from someone who never wears a helmet while mountain biking. A motorcycle crash is far worse than a crash on a mountain bike. Good riders mock the idiots who don't wear them. Other gear is optional but imagine getting rug burn from a long slide across pavement at 70 MPH. Clothes won't protect you. You decide, although even i've ridden in shorts before.

- If you're smart, aware and chill then riding is relatively safe. The biggest problem is other people not seeing you or unexpected conditions like animals or stuff in the road.

Save this in a text file and remember it and you'll be fine, God willing. Riding is alot of fun.
Thank you! I love your ninja <3