View Single Post
Old 07-05-2023, 06:21 PM
Sarnak

I'm moving a conversation over from another thread, our fellow poster/P99 community member DSM said he won't reply to me on the other thread & asked me to take it back to this one, even though he already hasn't replied to my most recent 2 posts in this thread from several hours ago, and has additionally ignored multiple tens? hundreds? of my posts in this thread, presumably because his only other option besides ignoring my posts would be - outright - concession. Regardless, for the sake of civil discussion I will move the conversation forward thusly:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...postcount=4165

This is the latest example of me answering the same questions you keep asking over and over again.

Please move the discussion back to that thread. I won't be responding to these questions again here, as it is off topic.
Conversation moved here as requested! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Where - specifically/exactly - in the above linked post did you address/explain/justify the fact that you have claimed the 4 below Quotes are NOT contradictory, even though the content in 2 of the Quotes includes your belief that DPS performance will be THE SAME solo vs. group and contrarily/contrary-wise the content in the other 2 Quotes demonstrates that you are fully aware of & have acknowledged the irrefutable fact that group members introduce outside variables - which are outside of a given player's control - that are able to affect a given player's DPS performance ("skew the data") & therefore the 4 Quotes are simply irrefutably contradictory?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Assuming your group plays correctly, you will DPS the same way every time, the same as if you were solo.
Quote:
I am very confident it won't change in a group
If you believe the DPS will be "the same" / "won't change" in a group vs solo please clarify, are there or are there not outside variables introduced via the addition of group-mates which can "skew the data" / "change the DPS equation"?

You simply cannot claim "it (DPS) will be the same solo vs group, it (DPS) won't change" while simultaneously claiming "outside variables when grouping (which do not exist/apply when solo) "skew the data " / "change the DPS equation" (affect DPS), as the statements are simply contradictory.

Quote:
in a group setting, there are too many variables out of your control that can skew the data
Quote:
Once you add in outside variables, that changes the DPS equation NOT because of what the class can do, but because of what other players are doing.
If you believe there are variables out of your control introduced by each group-mate which can "skew the data" and "change the DPS equation" please clarify, how can a given player's DPS be "the same every time" / "won't change in a group" when taking the aforementioned variables into consideration/account?

You simply cannot claim "outside variables when grouping (which do not exist/apply when solo) skew the data " / "change the DPS equation" (affect DPS) while simultaneously claiming "it (DPS) will be the same solo vs group, it (DPS) won't change", as the statements are simply contradictory.
Last edited by cyxthryth; 07-05-2023 at 06:31 PM..