View Single Post
Old 05-03-2023, 03:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree with Crede, don't sleep on the Blood Ember Gauntlets. They are surprisingly helpful while leveling. I also found the gauntlets would land a lot easier on mobs with high resist than normal spells would. Not sure if there is some kind of hidden resist modifier on clickies vs regular spells. That being said, it's not the end of the world if you went Iksar or anything like that.

Shadowknights are uniquely positioned among all the melee classes for their ability to solo well 55+ with minimal gear. A monk can solo very well 55+ but only really once they get epic/fungi. I was ablo to kill mobs my higher level and better geared monk wouldn't be able to kill because of their high HP pool. High HP mobs on a Shadowknight just means you might need to recast fear/snare an extra time.
Yea I think a lot of people write off SK soloing 50+ because they think you need to be in an open field fear kiting mobs. There were several close quarters areas I did on my SK that even a twinked monk simply could not keep up with. This is when I found the most advantage of using slam on my troll, but eventually epic can help with this. Knowing pathing combined with short duration fear(especially with casters) really opens up some options. Add in things like epic/crown of narandi and I found myself able to go multiple hours at a time without having to stop at all. The 52/58 pets are also really good if you're using a focus item to get max/2nd max and many Sks are unaware of that.